Cherry Rides Again - 1937 Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's done! Finished thread coming soon.
PXL_20230724_015851674.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Well done on this lil cherry. As always, it's cool to see all of the little details you do with your builds.
BRAVO BROTHER!!!

Well done on this lil cherry. As always, it's cool to see all of the little details you do with your builds.
BRAVO BROTHER!!!
Thanks! Before calling it complete, I added the six pack rack on the back, an old NOS Wald kickstand, and used the leftover links from the chain as a headset accent. Fun little bike!

Slow going, but I'm pretty close to complete. Made up a new bracket and mounted the chain guard, then I moved the crash bars back, and mounted them to the holes where the drop stand is supposed to bolt up. If I locate a 24" drop stand in the next week or so, I may ditch the crash bars in favor of that.View attachment 240311

Also added the Thompson grips and vintage red/white/black Excel pedals today.
View attachment 240312View attachment 240313
Although I went to the expense of buying new spokes and nipples with the idea of re-lacing the rear wheel for looks, I had decided to skip that step - until I went to air up the back tire and saw the hack job somebody did when it was built:View attachment 240314
So now I will take it home and re-lace and true both wheels in between working from home.
I dig all of the little detail bits!

Latest posts

Back