CHANGE IS COMING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know those are words most folks don't like to hear.

I wanted to give everyone an advanced heads up on what will be in store for RRB over the next few months.

The current forum software that the site is built in is no longer adequate for the amount of traffic and activity that goes on here. It is also lacking some functionality that really needs to be a part of the site. We have made several custom modifications to the forum over the past 7 years and as a result, it has made it a real pain to upgrade.

I'm working with an outside company to convert the entire site over to a new forum system that will be much better and will enable us to have some new features that I think everyone will enjoy. I also plan to purchase several plug ins for the new site that will ramp up the cool factor.

As always, change like this involves some discomfort...on everyone's part. The site moderators are probably the most worried here. :lol:

I'll provide more details as we get closer to the switch, but I just wanted everyone to know what was in the works. :wink:

Yes, it won't be cheap either, but it needs to happen.

Right now the forum in its current state is posing a security risk for the server that's hosting it.

I think folks will appreciate some of the tools that this new system has to offer....member galleries, heavy duty classified system, social media connectivity, etc.

RatSphinx said:
Cringe! :shock:

Yes, the cringing part comes when you think of transferring thousands of posts and members to a new platform.

That's the part that makes me a little nervous.

Of course, that is what back ups are for. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I don't like change! :shock: :cry: :shock:

The change won't be as big of a deal for the user as it will be for the folks running the joint.

oh....well good luck to you :D I'm sure this place will be even better! :mrgreen:

Will the site be down at all?

brace_zpsb5deda00.jpg

Good luck to all the mods!
Hope we don't lose any of the posts. :)

Rat Rod said:
Yes, it won't be cheap either, but it needs to happen.

Right now the forum in its current state is posing a security risk for the server that's hosting it.

I think folks will appreciate some of the tools that this new system has to offer....member galleries, heavy duty classified system, social media connectivity, etc.

I am excited to see and use some of the new systems!

I feel any of the short trim challenges are a small price to pay for how much enjoyment and ease of use any improvements can make.

social media??? YUK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds cool Steve, now the site will be able to support more new members from all over the world. RRB is growing bigger and since RRB got on facebook it has been growing like wildfire. Awesome site and the best guys and gals on the web. Anything we can do to help just let us know.

Back