chain guard says Monark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this up today! Can't wait to get started!
image-3.jpg

PS...Any help on I.D.ing it would be appreciated! :D

being completely honest, its probably not a monark (never seen a canti monark). what it is im not sure. then again i could be wrong. handlebars and stem are newer, seat might be to. but still some of the most most mismatched bikes are the coolest. i vote keeping the blue and chrome :mrgreen:

can you take a picture of hree thigs? the rear drop outs, the side of the stem, ad the mount where the kickstand is. that will give a correct id if is a moark

thanks! it came with the "original" seat, just in ROUGH shape! i plan on keeping the chrome, that's about all i have planned so far....

snydur said:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/2464007446.html

saw this and was like "whaaaat?! i saw something like that" so maybe it is a monark

Morarch musta re-badged Huffies at some point it would seem..

scrumblero said:
snydur said:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/2464007446.html

saw this and was like "whaaaat?! i saw something like that" so maybe it is a monark

Morarch musta re-badged Huffies at some point it would seem..
i think your right. page two of the galler post page. black bike with red tires. same exact thing.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18391&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 black diamond stitch seat, springer.

snydur said:
being completely honest, its probably not a monark (never seen a canti monark). what it is im not sure. then again i could be wrong. handlebars and stem are newer, seat might be to. but still some of the most most mismatched bikes are the coolest. i vote keeping the blue and chrome :mrgreen:

can you take a picture of hree thigs? the rear drop outs, the side of the stem, ad the mount where the kickstand is. that will give a correct id if is a moark

Snydur: I'll take those pics today after work! The vin is on the rear drop out. I can barley read it looks like someone scuffed it when they were trying to buff. Here is what I think it says 1H337605

I have a similar monark same style frame I got last year. I did some resarch and what I found is this. Huffman bought the monark name and some parts when the company ended. They used parts and the name for approximately eight years. My bike has the star shaped huffy sprocket from the era though. This is what i found maybe someone can elaborate. Anyway nice bike :D

Back