Caution, Bike seller fell...bumped head

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm thinking justa lil bit o ignorance. Dudes probably never seen one before so he feels its worth much more than it is.On the other hand he could be just plain dumb! Lets hope for the first, as it can be cured, but dumb is forever! LOL :p Later & PEACE!!!!! :roll:

An older guy at work has a Pixie and asked if I knew what it was worth. I said maybe $50 if it's really nice. He said in that case he'd just keep it and let his granddaughter ride it. Then he mentioned, "It is a Schwinn you know". Of course even at Wallyworld it would be a wash to replace the bike but the mystique of Schwinn puts dollar signs in people's heads. I don't drink the Kool-Aid. Every manufacturer has a few halo bikes.

JLarkin said:
An older guy at work has a Pixie and asked if I knew what it was worth. I said maybe $50 if it's really nice. He said in that case he'd just keep it and let his granddaughter ride it. Then he mentioned, "It is a Schwinn you know". Of course even at Wallyworld it would be a wash to replace the bike but the mystique of Schwinn puts dollar signs in people's heads. I don't drink the Kool-Aid. Every manufacturer has a few halo bikes.

If I'm looking for a low priced bike to flip, I look for a Schwinn. While some department store bikes have the same quality, Schwinns are the ones that sell the best because of the name, or at least from what I've experienced. Everyone associates Schwinn with a "My friend had one when we were kids! I could never afford one!" attitude. :wink:

I think you should call the guy.... My guess is there is supposta be a decimal after the first zero ($70.00)

While we're mocking the ridiculous, how 'bout that ebay seller in Hawaii, selling an "English track bike " for $30,000! :shock: I noticed the other day it was relisted... :roll: ~Adam

bigblockthing said:
i dont understand people like this at all..maybe i should put one of my bikes on craigslist but put "will consider partial trade for new bmw, mercedes, or lambo...plus cash"

I actually laughed out loud....hahahha plus cash.

MonsterMetal said:
I think you should call the guy.... My guess is there is supposta be a decimal after the first zero ($70.00)

In California? Yeah, right! :mrgreen:

I'm sure that he meant $700. A few months ago, I paid $100 for the same bike, but with the "step-through" frame. Even came with the original seat and extra rims.

Next they will be televised on the Barret Jackson Action then the prices will go through the roof. All it takes is a couple of greedy speculators to drive the greed train and there will be hundreads of intitleds jumping on board for there share. (I saw one just like mine on Barret Jackoffs go for $_ _ _ _ _._ _ add silly amount here) And they will try to come up with some kind of story to convince themselves the price was justafied :roll:. Thats why I trade and like the ratier side of life.

:shock: ok, now that is a nice old schwinn, but $7k? mint condition? $700 would be too high for that bike. yeah, i gotta agree... slipped and bumped their head. the sad thing would be if he actually got someone to pay 7k for that bike. who'd be laughing then? :roll:

Back