** CARTBOARDTRACKER **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sport_177.jpg

^ Cartboardtracker

Frame: Batavus (late 70's early 80's heavy 27" tourbike), homemade wooden tankplate, homemade brackets, painted logo.
Fork: Batavus, shaved lock, shaved generator bracket.
Rack: Gazelle, bent, angled, sprayed black. Homemade wooden officechair pieces. Bibia equiped.
Handlebars: Gazelle, flipped, shortened. Original grips. Two bells.
Seat: Selle gel, retrofitted with antiqued upholstery nails.
Fender: Homemade aluminum strips. Frontfender: optional.
Frontwheel: Shimano Dura Ace hubs, Rigida rims, Vredesteijn (700x23c) 28".
Backwheel: Shimano Dura Ace hubs, 8spd, Rigida rims, Inova (700x35c) 28" blacked-out reflection line.

sport_1.jpg

^ As found in my parents' shed. Ready to be taken to the dumpster. I was just in time...

sport_180.jpg

sport_182.jpg

sport_179.jpg

sport_184.jpg

sport_181.jpg

sport_183-1.jpg

I'm very reserved when it comes to posting on the gallerypages, because I seldom feel a bike of mine is finished. I keep on finetuning, adding stuff, taking it off again, etc... But now with the new wheels I think it's finally done. Except for an optional frontfender to make this bike ready for the winter. Having used this bike for over a year it's showing some wear and tear in the primer red paintjob but nothing too seriously. I'll probably give it a new coat of paint next spring. Last week we had some fine weather in Holland so I took my camera with me to shoot the bike in the beautiful autumn sun.

For more detailed build- and fabricationpics check out the Cartboardtracker-buildthread.

sport_178.jpg

Back