Captain Awesomes Fresh Finds/General Ramblings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don’t use it to mow down Kei’s

😉

View attachment 249652

This’ll be me soon
I learned about Daihatsu from Gran Turismo
download (7).jpeg

Track ready!

That particular one is a Daihatsu

Kei trucks are usually Honda's, Subaru's, and Daihatsu's
I owned the dual range transmission Mitsubishi with the MCA jet engine, and it was a marvelous set up. People thought that was a four-wheel-drive stick next to the shifter, but it was for the high/lo transaxle.

That was a long time ago and these Kei cars are now 1000cc less with a turbo.

I’m not hip to all the current specs but the last ones I saw were all 600cc turbo & manual transmissions.

I owned the dual range transmission Mitsubishi with the MCA jet engine, and it was a marvelous set up. People thought that was a four-wheel-drive stick next to the shifter, but it was for the high/lo transaxle.

That was a long time ago and these Kei cars are now 1000cc less with a turbo.

I’m not hip to all the current specs but the last ones I saw were all 600cc turbo & manual transmissions.
yep

660cc, 3 cyl
4 or 5 spd manual
4wd or AWD in many
locking diff's
hi/lo selectors

my first ever truck i learned to drive was this truck on my uncle's farm hauling grain from the fields. u had to stop it by using the e brake i remember one morning i had to get out of the shop and it was ( for me ) hard to find reverse i drove it threw the back of the shop

How many of you guys watch Robot Cantina? He takes crappy little cars and puts tiny engines in them, then hops them up. He is doing an old 60s Renault saloon, with a v-twin.

He built a car with the tiny kubota diesel from a refrigerated produce trailer. Others with tiny industrial type engines. Fun stuff.

I also watch Superfast Matt, who is doing a few radical projects including a Honda bike engine in an old sports car, an electric 1959 Jag saloon, and a streamliner, mc powered.

He was an engineer for Tesla in previous years.

How many of you guys watch Robot Cantina? He takes crappy little cars and puts tiny engines in them, then hops them up. He is doing an old 60s Renault saloon, with a v-twin.

He built a car with the tiny kubota diesel from a refrigerated produce trailer. Others with tiny industrial type engines. Fun stuff.

I also watch Superfast Matt, who is doing a few radical projects including a Honda bike engine in an old sports car, an electric 1959 Jag saloon, and a streamliner, mc powered.

He was an engineer for Tesla in previous years.
I’ve got a buddy up in Illinois that has an original mini cooper with a turbo GSXR big bore motor in it. Gutted, coil overs, cage. He uses it for autocross and track days

His brother was trying to reconfigure a Mercury 2.5 V6 (2 stroke) outboard to run horizontally and be mid engine mounted in a Mazda autocross truck

Haven’t seen those things in years but what fun

I did just a little bit of autotocross back in college when I was working on an MG midget. It’s not something I would do nowadays. I’ve burned up too much expensive rubber over the years.

Latest posts

Back