Cannondale M500

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the local land fill on Sat morning this was waiting in the bushes for me..Great to know people.. :wink:
0ecd5798.jpg
6dd28fa2.jpg
9fa8f114.jpg
41641944.jpg
600d70a7.jpg
84ea48d3.jpg
1db9d04e.jpg

I find all my bikes at the land fill..LOL

@ Tin..I see them around 3 1/2 can that be right..what do you think its worth..?

tin machine said:
major coool bike made in the usa looks nice has a shock on the front , if i had it here ,i would be asking 375.00 to 400.00 for it !!!!
jaydub said:
@ Tin..I see them around 3 1/2 can that be right..what do you think its worth..?

Wow it is true..I was off a bit..Thanks..Jay

Never ceases to amaze me what people will spend on these M500/600/700 frames, it's the one that gave Cannondale the moniker "Cracknfail", those cantilever dropouts were a disaster, but I see a M700 on san diego CL for $300 also.

socal_jack said:
Never ceases to amaze me what people will spend on these M500/600/700 frames, it's the one that gave Cannondale the moniker "Cracknfail", those cantilever dropouts were a disaster, but I see a M700 on san diego CL for $300 also.

Every manufacture has had some kind of failure with cracking..I can't tell you how many broken Trek, Specialized, GT, Gary Fisher, and Giant frames I've seen.. I guess people like to remember a good ryhm ..

I'm not talking about a normal fail rate here, like some later Gary Fisher models in the last few years earned them the "Gary Fissure" moniker, to the point where posts on MTBR were of the type "So who has not broken their GF xxxx-model frame?" (Some Treks being may have had similar issues since Trek makes them) Same with the M5/6/700 years ago, I knew guys that were bringing those in every couple weeks or months for frame replacement, fortunately Cannondale stood behind their warranty and didn't hesitate to replace. GF apparently has been more of a pain.

I have not heard/seen anything near level of breakage that on SpecialEds, GTs, or Giants. Some of the boutique brands have but they addressed the issue quickly.

jaydub said:
socal_jack said:

Every manufacture has had some kind of failure with cracking..I can't tell you how many broken Trek, Specialized, GT, Gary Fisher, and Giant frames I've seen.. I guess people like to remember a good ryhm ..

I raced the 3.0 criterium frames of that genre with similar dropouts, and they were crap. The geometry of the bike was fantastic for crit racing, but the constant creaking and moaning was annoying, and I couldn't get rid of my frame fast enough at the end of every season - usually sold for very little money.

not to mention that the paint (powder coat?) never stayed on. Although that doesn't look to be a problem with that mountain bike. very nice condition.

Latest posts

Back