CANDY RED SCHWINN CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just got the frame and forks back from Powder coating......this guy does an amazing job. It's a Red sparkle candy color and it looks SWEEEEEET. $75 dollars for the whole thing. Good to have neighbors to trade things with. More pics to follow...just beginning the build

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg

IMG_8865.jpg

IMG_8867.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

ichi bike said:
what kind of tires

The tires are innova 26" X 2.5" Got them at a local bike shop. Im just waiting on a sprocket to ome in to finish the build. The sprocket is going to be a Diamond plate look. should be a nice bike when done. Cant wait to ride it.

The photos dont do it justice. I was in a hurry to get them posted. The color is a sparkle candy red. When the sun hits it ..it really shines.

Some of the powder colors are just amazing. I love that red. I was at my coaters today and he was showing me some new colors that they have.....Just awesome stuff.

I REALLY like the chrome accents and the chainguard. Looking really good. Personally I think a chopped rear chrome fender would be sweet. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

There are some sweet colors out there now for sure. I did a Hollywood for my wife that was a Forest green color and in the sun that thing looks like it came from a disco ball manufacturer..ha ha

I was thinking of putting a fender on the back...not sur if i can get it to fit anywhere with that big tire on there . I also have a tank going in the bike..looks sort of like the fender..swirled metal look. Should be done soon...just waiting on the painfully slow shipping of my parts......aaaahh...2 weeks and counting.

naturephotoboy3 said:
There are some sweet colors out there now for sure. I did a Hollywood for my wife that was a Forest green color and in the sun that thing looks like it came from a disco ball manufacturer..ha ha

I was thinking of putting a fender on the back...not sur if i can get it to fit anywhere with that big tire on there . I also have a tank going in the bike..looks sort of like the fender..swirled metal look. Should be done soon...just waiting on the painfully slow shipping of my parts......aaaahh...2 weeks and counting.

Yeah, I went with a green metalflake on my Typhoon. It may not be quite as dark as forest, but a little darker than a kelly green.

Can't wait to see your bike finished. There have been some really nice middleweight cruisers being built on here lately.

Terry66 said:
naturephotoboy3 said:

Yeah, I went with a green metalflake on my Typhoon. It may not be quite as dark as forest, but a little darker than a kelly green.

Can't wait to see your bike finished. There have been some really nice middleweight cruisers being built on here lately.

There are just plain awesome bikes of all kinds on here. These guys on this site are amazing. I don't put myself in the class of most on here. I take bikes..paint them..add parts and make them look nice..BUT holy my smokes..these fabricators and designers that post on here are amazing. I have soooo much to learn and it's such a blast learning. After all..we are just a bunch of kids having fun in our olders years. At least i am at 45

Some new photos..almost done with this bike. Just trying to figure out what seat to use. I bought this seat for the build...but the Red doesn't seem to look right. What do you think>>> Any ideas??? Finally got the sprocket...im happy with that.

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8947.jpg

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8950.jpg

IMG_8954.jpg

I was too busy looking at pictures to realize you had asked for feedback.
Old school rat trap pedals would look great with that chainring.
Personnaly I think you should go with a banana seat and sissy bar. If not then a cool leather seat.
Maybe the ridable replica seat inthe For Sale section.

A big pan seat with long springs. Seat pan should match chain guard and tank plate w/chrome springs.

Back