Can anyone identify this bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an idea of what this bike may be?
This is a picture of my dad in Cuba back in the early to mid 50's. I have no info at all on this bike, don't even know if it's American. This was before Castro so it could very well be an American bike. Maybe someday I could find one and restore it just for the sake of nostalgia. So far ya'll have been pretty good about helping me narrow down some of my odd finds.

bikedad2_zpsbf37b981.jpg

Going to be tough. Identifying objects are headbadge, chainguard and chainwheel(Columbia?).

I don't know but some one will know.

When I see videos of Cuba, I see lots of old 50's American cars that are still running. If there are still old American cars there, it seems like there'd be old bikes there too. Maybe the new honeyhole?? Gary

Thanks guys! I'll start looking at columbias.

Gary, you might be right on the bikes because it's not uncommon to see a ford car with a chevy engine strapped to a dodge tranny. I haven't been back since I left with my parents in 1970. I was 2 1/2 years old, but the stories still come from those that have arrived later, and family members. So the bikes would probably be the same as long as they haven't rusted to the ground!

More Cubans use bikes than they do cars. Each person is allotted a certain amount of fuel per month. A lot of them will opt to ride a bike and trade their fuel allotment for food or other commodities.

I had some pictures of some crazy bikes built by Cubans, more for nesecity than for customizing, but I'll see if I can find them and start a thread with them. Some were quite creative to say the least!

Back