Camping fiasco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
The only downside is they take a while to setup. I can go from backing to watching cable in about 15 minutes. They will still be cranking and sliding stuff around.
That's funny.
With my folks setting it up and taking it down daily as they travel I think it's a lot of wear and tear on a pop up. Oh and I just found out this will be there 6th trip dragging a trailer to Alaska.

Hummm Alaska ...Isnt that the big cold place way up at the top of the continent . Gee if I planed a trip there I could have just forgotten getting my fridge fixed.....Just throw your food on the ground beside your trailer. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hummm Alaska ...Isnt that the big cold place way up at the top of the continent . Gee if I planed a trip there I could have just forgotten getting my fridge fixed.....Just throw your food on the ground beside your trailer. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have been in 100+ temps in Alaska. :shock: :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Everybody we ran into that used popup trailers really had fun. They are cheap and pull really great. The only downside is they take a while to setup. I can go from backing to watching cable in about 15 minutes. They will still be cranking and sliding stuff around.

I like our pop up, though I wouldn't mind upgrading to a Scamp or something similar in size. Of course I still can be talked into going tent/tarp style too.

JTA_2265.jpg

Unc, I'm really glad tyo hear the fridge is still under warranty. 8) And since your camper is new, Norcold prolly still makes the same Model. Easy change out/repair. When I changed fridges I had to fab up new walls and a base to get it to fit right. Silly Dometic stopped making my model fridge 20 years ago. The upside is I got a much larger unit that holds more beer ... I mean food.

cman - It would take a lot of beer to coax me into camping in a tent or under a tarp again. Did it for years. Loved it until I hated it. :lol: Can't do it again.

thatismytruck said:
cman - It would take a lot of beer to coax me into camping in a tent or under a tarp again. Did it for years. Loved it until I hated it. :lol: Can't do it again.

We had lots. :mrgreen: I actually was going to sleep in my Goretex bivy-sac until I had this option.

Ok maddog I havent sold it yet so I have missed that feeling sofar. As far as camping in the wild with a tarp ...looked a little rugged to me. I'm Not sure I could go to sleep knowing I could wake up with some animal in my bed. It was ok when I was young ,because you could just take them home. :wink:

Dude! Sorry to hear about all your problems! I've always been "in the tent" camping...But after having a kid and being past 40...The camper/trailer sounds pretty good!
P.s. Lets see a pic of the "Home Away From Home"...! :mrgreen:

Its over at the repair shop. He said a week. I figure two. I'm older and dont believe most of the things a repair person tells me. We are heading down to the gulf around matagorda and this time ill take a camera. Plan to catch most of the speckeled trout in the gulf....yeah right. I tried freshwater fishing the last two places and didnt have much luck. Its hard to make a fishfinder work on the bank , but I grew up saltwater fishing and if I dont catch any ...they arnt there. :wink:

it has the monster 110hp 267 cubic inch engine!
it is now known as the family truckster you can just call me Clark
it was a 90 year old family friends and it isnt really super nice, she ran it thru the end of her garage a few years ago and its got a horrible repaint

Back