buy or make a bike repair stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show me some homemade bike repair stands. I need a repair stand. I tried to make one with 3/4 piping and pipe clamps but did not function like I thought it would. :roll:

Maybe just modify it a bit? Redneck Ingenuity at it's finest.
white-trash-repairs-bike-rack-city-bh.jpg

chimichanga said:
I say make :D
IMG_6115.jpg

That is clever, in awesome ratrod style. How much would you charge to make one for me? Exactly like that. Seriously.

But what I really want to know is what you use the machete for?!

aka_locojoe said:
I got a Park stand for Christmas one year. Having a repair stand makes working on the bikes so much easier and enjoyable. Maintenance tasks I used to put off I now do because it's so much easier on a stand.
Agreed that using an actual stand is the best way to go. Nothing beats working in a bike shop, and you take it a little for granted until you don't.

chimichangan you stole my vise grip clamp idea, I want it back. JK, I am glad great minds thing alike. :mrgreen:

At work, We just hang old bicycle chains from the ceiling with a hook on each chain, hang the handlebars on one end and the rear triangle on the other. It works great.

Back