"But, honey, they were freeee!"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bunch of weirdo stuff from a guy on craigslist for free, one from the thursday night trash run and one from an apartment maintenance guy. Some good, some junk but stuff to keep me busy for awhile.

This was a pretty complete 20" Next bike. Don't know what the guy did to it but had to bang the sprocket back flat. I had only one pedal so I swapped out a couple of 70's road bike pedals.

Photo-0005fr.jpg

In front is an AMF ladies 5 speed from the 70's with a bent crank and beat up deraillers. My girl likes the color and the idea of 5 speeds so it'll get paint, a cool baby blue seat, grips and gears from another one from this lot that was worse off and it will be my tribute to Indy racer Gordon Johncock who raced the blue and yellow of Sunoco in the 70's and 80's

Behind it is a weird dual suspension roadmaster. Cheap components and thoroughly messed up but for the frame so it's going on craigslist

Photo-0004fre.jpg

My trash run yielded this nice Huffy 5 speed. It's got a cool twister grip shift. Clean it up and move it out! Behind it is a 20" girls Huffy.

Photo-0006free.jpg

This is my fun find courtsey the maintenance guy. A west coast chopper bike that is in great shape with big 'ol Kenda flames on it! But look closer at the seat post. I'll be posting a "how do I fix this" very soon. May go with ape hangers, lay the seat back and new paint? What about a big 26" wheel?

Photo-0007what.jpg

Photo-0008chop.jpg

Back