Burrito Con Cebollas...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started as a 63 Schwinn ladies frame and a 70's-80's (?) Iverson ladies Grand Touring...

cebolla3.jpg

cebolla4.jpg

Cut the Iverson apart and have a rough layout on the floor...

Cebolla1.jpg

The sketch of what I am hoping it will resemble once I am finshed :mrgreen:

nightmarestudios1-1.jpg

Will have a 3-speed rear with a "shoulder breaker" suicide shifter, hopefully a nice double springer in the front, custom seat/pan, and some sheet metal paneling inside the main frame.

Hope you like.

SkidMark said:
Needs a flame job instead of those scallops.

The scallops will be cutout (rather than painted on) and the gaps will probably be larger for the sake of saving bit of weight...maybe plasma some flames in instead...hmmm.

He didn't cut up the Schwinn, and what's wrong with Burrito Bikes? I "ruined" a Schwinn Hollywood frame, and a Schwinn Suburban frame to make my Burrito Bike. I like sawing up Schwinns because the tubing is thicker, and the seatposts are the right diameter for internal sleeves. The more you cut up the more valueable intact ones become.

Oh. I get it now. <engages sarcasm detector>

SkidMark said:
He didn't cut up the Schwinn, and what's wrong with Burrito Bikes? I "ruined" a Schwinn Hollywood frame, and a Schwinn Suburban frame to make my Burrito Bike. I like sawing up Schwinns because the tubing is thicker, and the seatposts are the right diameter for internal sleeves. The more you cut up the more valueable intact ones become.

Oh. I get it now. <engages sarcasm detector>
Yes my attempt at being funny.

I need to pay closer attention.
You're right the Schwinn hasn't been cut up... yet.

After much thought, and even more beer, I have another plan for the girls schwinn. It won't end up getting cut (too drastically) afterall, though the frame is going to get altered a bit. Once I am done with the burrito, it will be my next projett. I figured that I could fab the rest of the frame for the burrito and not have to "destroy" the Schwinn to complete it :eek:

Finally managed to get some more work done on the frame...used gas pipe to form the new top tube and belly tube. Formed the seat tube around to meet the seat stays, and got the hook put in the down tube. Will try to fab up some chainstays tomorrow, and then the welding begins...

BURRITOFRAME.jpg

what are you using to bend your pipe? great job so far. like em Burritos

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
what are you using to bend your pipe? great job so far. like em Burritos

Outlaw 8)

CBC hydraulic tube bender for tube work
IMG_0263.jpg

Wiedemann Centrum 2000Q turret punch press for flat part sheet metal work
IMG_0268.jpg

Megobal 35 Ton hydraulic press brake for forming sheet metal work
IMG_0269.jpg

Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder for stitching it all together.

Nice part about working in the metal fabrication industry . :mrgreen:

no kidding, you are one luck dude. got to go to my tree and been some more pipe.lol.

Outlaw 8)

Whoa!Nice Equipment.

A few update photos of the "Cebollas"...

79" wheelbase with about 2"-2.5" of clearance under the belly.

I also managed to butt the two fenders from the Iverson together to make a streetsweeper style rear fender, and used the rear fender of the Schwinn for the front. Will fab a new bracket to mount the headlight at some point.

As far as the framework goes, I will try to cut and bend a top tube for it tonight, then all that is left is trimming the chainstays and welding the thing together.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Framework is most of the way done. Need to weld in bottom bracket hanger, seat post tube, and gussets...took it down the driveway and out into the street, and I actually got it to flip a U-turn in half the street width. Ended up at 78" wheelbase and 3" clearance.

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

The newest photo. Frame with cranks mounted...only needs gussets, and will be ready for paint.

IMG_0320.jpg

Back