Bultaco Flat tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just picked this up!
4940_1165545493373_1069975055_499960_6735169_n.jpg

'Taco's always sounded the coolest! right side shift, left side brake is always fun! has the rear brake been moved over to the right like I always see on these bikes?

not running yet but I pulled it our of storage for a winter rebuild :)
I found out more of what it is. Its a 1968 Bultaco Pursang 250
I didnt think this had brake hub on the rear but it does but its empty.
these were raced without brakes thats why they were all removed. I think it just looks mean with the 4 inch wide tires on it
SU1HMDA5OTEuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5OTIuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDA5OTQuanBn.jpg

Just caught this thread. I never got use to the shift on the Bul's but they made nice flat trackers. The early 70's ,in New England, was dominated at the Middleboro Track by the Bul's. The track had a hard surface and lacked anything close to being called Mottocross. Needless to say my '72 Suzuki TM 250 couldn't touch the lower powered Bul's at this track. But, put me at Pepperell Ma and I'd leave them behind. I took my TM 250 and did the frame, piston, ports, oil, carburator, and exhaust mods but by '74 the new TS 250's left me behind. Here on the Cape we had and still do have Bultaco owners. A few of the best from the early 70's were Fletcher and Jono Brock. These two rode the Trinity Motorcycle Club colors. If you can remember back that far you can see the Trinity triangle on an early Arlow Guthrie album and some bul's. His song, the Motorcycle Song, was about his friend Ray Brock. Trivia :roll:

Graylock

funny you mentioned Arlo because in researching this bike I found another on the web for sale thats supposedly the one from arlos movie alices restaurant

http://www.bultacopursang.com/sale.html

For Sale: 1968 250 Pursang. Complete Except For A Few Soft Parts And Exhaust Pipe. Has Not Run In 30+ Yrs But Should With A Little Work. Fiberglass In Good Shape. Chrome Rusty. Reputed To Be The Bike Ridden In The Movie Alice's Restaurant . Have Owned Since Early 70's. Make Reasonable Offer!

Funny you should bring up this. This guy lives in New York west of Pittsfield MA, just a short haul from where Alice's Restaurant movie was made. I was thinking about Fletcher Brock who rode the Bul's and found he made Mandolins and such in Seatle WA for famous people like Arlow Guthrie. Jono Brock still lives in Wellfleet on the Cape here as well as Alice from Alice's Restaurant. Brings back old memories :cry:

GL :wink:

Back