Build off Swap Meet : need something ask the members.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to buy or trade for some Raleigh parts.

UPDATE: I think @ingola has me covered on most of these parts: syncing up deal and shipping

definite needs:
headlight clamp
pump
brooks B72 saddle link

possible needs:
after searching every inch of the bike, the only numbers I can find that look manufacturer related are a ‘56’ stamped on the kickstand: if it’s a ‘56, I’d sure like to have that big klunky chain guard.

collateral:
any parts off the other 2 Raleigh’s I don’t need for the build.
syracuse Classic Bikes T-Shirt
syracuse famous hot tomato oil
last resort; money! :21:

DM me with any input, ideas or proposals!
pics to follow shortly

Last edited:
Edit: FOUND ONE - thanks Paul!

Looking for a large flange, 32 hole front hub. I have one that's about 39mm diameter hole to hole.

Need one that I can put a spoke hole in between to double up to 64 spokes.

PM me if you have something you are willing to part with that we can work out a deal on. Thanks

Edit: FOUND ONE - thanks Paul!

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for chrome beehive style seat springs, I'm your huckleberry. I ordered ONE set of large springs and got four. So there's one large and two medium spring sets available for $15 each, shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states
IMG_20230430_180346465.jpg

I think I need some deep fenders for my Roadmaster late 50s style custom build. Any ideas which bikes had deep fenders? I've seen some good ones on bikes before but don't remember what they were from. Anyone have some they'd sell? Thanks!

Update: I found a cool set of fenders over on the CABE that are going to work nicely. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I think I need some deep fenders for my Roadmaster late 50s style custom build. Any ideas which bikes had deep fenders? I've seen some good ones on bikes before but don't remember what they were from. Anyone have some they'd sell? Thanks!
Monark bikes sometimes had deep fenders

Al
Looking to buy or trade for some Raleigh parts.

UPDATE: I think @ingola has me covered on most of these parts: syncing up deal and shipping

definite needs:
headlight clamp
pump
brooks B72 saddle link

possible needs:
after searching every inch of the bike, the only numbers I can find that look manufacturer related are a ‘56’ stamped on the kickstand: if it’s a ‘56, I’d sure like to have that big klunky chain guard.

collateral:
any parts off the other 2 Raleigh’s I don’t need for the build.
syracuse Classic Bikes T-Shirt
syracuse famous hot tomato oil
last resort; money! :21:

DM me with any input, ideas or proposals!
pics to follow shortly
All boxed up and ready to go...wife is going shopping in Masina this week she'll drop it off there

Items I'm looking for for my 'Elevated' build,

Cool brake lever set for my canti's. In need of Resto is no problem.

Located in Australia 🇦🇺

Does anyone know off of the top of their head what the average crank arm length of an adult sized cruiser? I have a pair of kids CA and they are around 135mm. Any thoughts?

Does anyone know off of the top of their head what the average crank arm length of an adult sized cruiser? I have a pair of kids CA and they are around 135mm. Any thoughts?
Most vintage bikes with 26” wheels that I have found have 6 1/2” crank arms…. These are on 1 piece cranks.

Does that help? There are other lengths out there, but I think the most common US cruiser bike crank arm length is 6 1/2”.

your 135mm is just under 5 1/2”. If you are planning on riding the bike any distance, I prefer the longer crank arm. -that said, depending on the bike, (I put 6 1/2” cranks on 24” bikes for better riding) you should be aware of possible pedal strike when the crank arm and pedal are at their lowest point.

135 is really short. I'm used to 175 on my mountain bikes, but have gone down to 165. Below that, feels weird because the circles my feet are making are too small

135 is really short. I'm used to 175 on my mountain bikes, but have gone down to 165. Below that, feels weird because the circles my feet are making are too small
Same here. I prefer 175s on my MTBs, but I was trying to stay "true" to the crusier/big BB/ swept handle bar vibe. Otherwise most of my parts are MTB.

Latest posts

Back