Build off hangover?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don't know about you guys and gals, but when BONINE was over, I felt a little lost. Like what now? And what the heck am I going to build next year? I really had no idea. Since then, time has passed and I found plenty to do, work-family-projects etc. I've even started aquiring parts for next year's build off. (Actually enough for two projects ) Ideas keep coming and I can't wait! Anyone else? Do you know for sure what next year will bring? Did you get builders-block when BONINE was over or do you always have stuff running through your minds? Let's hear it!

Me too, I had projects planned after BONINE that I wanted to get done right away, Well needless to say some never got started and probably 4 or 5 are started but not making much progress on them. Haven't even started thinking about BOTEN yet.

I'm not sure I'll be in BO-diez, but if I am, I'm hoping to use a cool rear reflector as my starting point. Or I may build a coaster brake klunker with a heavy duty frame I bought recently.

No hangover for me. By the time the build off is over, I'm already working on the next one.

As to RRBO10, I have a BIG build that I'm waiting for the right time to start. I may try to use the build off next year as motivation to start it, but here's the thing, I know I won't finish it in time. It'll be the most labor intensive build I've ever done.

Ultimately, it usually comes down to whatever build I am about to start around May, I'll enter. I'm doing it anyway, so why not?

No hangover for me. By the time the build off is over, I'm already working on the next one.

As to RRBO10, I have a BIG build that I'm waiting for the right time to start. I may try to use the build off next year as motivation to start it, but here's the thing, I know I won't finish it in time. It'll be the most labor intensive build I've ever done.

Ultimately, it usually comes down to whatever build I am about to start around May, I'll enter. I'm doing it anyway, so why not?
Oh dang, sounds interesting, can't wait to see it!

I'm not sure I'll be in BO-diez, but if I am, I'm hoping to use a cool rear reflector as my starting point. Or I may build a coaster brake klunker with a heavy duty frame I bought recently.
I'm digging the klunker stuff lately. So cool to pour over the galleries and check out all the unique builds.

I was spending so much time making sure that I finished my build off bike on time that I did feel 'a little lost' as you said when it was over. Then I realized how many other things that I had neglected for three months had not gone away and promptly filled the void. :banghead:

My problem lately is storage. I have several bikes that I could put together, but for now it's easier to keep parts in boxes than to take up more real estate with a complete bike. I need to down size some of my other stuff!

As for next years build off, I haven't given it any thought what so ever.

My problem lately is storage. I have several bikes that I could put together, but for now it's easier to keep parts in boxes than to take up more real estate with a complete bike. I need to down size some of my other stuff!

This. This is always an issue for me.

I've had a cold and bad cough so I haven't been doing much of anything but I did chop up a parts bike for a future project I have in the works.

Latest posts

Back