BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm new to the whole forum thing. To post progress on the RRBO-07 I continue on my original post or do I post a new thing?

G_rod32 said:
So, I'm new to the whole forum thing. To post progress on the RRBO-07 I continue on my original post or do I post a new thing?
Actually, you create a build thread ,then you post updates in it...

man you guys (well the ones that werent hear for bo#1/#2) wouldve hated the old build off rules!!! hooch had to take himself out of rrbbo#1 since the frame he was going to use was cracked and need welded(you didnt have a frame switch option then :shock: ) even though the bike he built for fun(he didnt put it in the voting since it wouldnt be fair!) in that one was a stunner and had it been voted on he probably wouldve taken that build off hands down for innovation and design..... oh...those you didnt get 3 votes in either....1 vote and that was it :shock: :shock: and then there was the paint rule as well....if it got painted it had to be rattle can by the builder :shock: :shock: :shock:
* Report this post

BUILD OFF RULES - READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

Postby Rat Rod on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:26 pm
Here's your chance to build the ultimate Rat Rod Bike. Follow the rules below and have fun! We're keepin' this thing pretty loose so don't get yourself in a knot. :shock:

Participants should use their thread as a journal including write ups and photos.

1. You can only enter one bike in the build off.
2. Start a new post and use the bike name as the Subject.
3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure.
4. Bike must not already be built.
5. Must include before, progress, and after photos (all in one thread please)
6. Bike must be rideable.
7. Use any parts you like....mo rat = mo bettah!
8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).
9. Paint must be applied by builder...rattle can style.
10. KEEP IT CHEAP...remember...IT'S A RAT ROD!!!!

You must post your completed bike by November 30, 2007.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST.

Now get ta buildin'!

i hope it doesnt turn into a one-upsmanship(is that even a word?!?) contest other than building with your bros from all over the world....keep the FUN in it!!!

Sensor, I like the idea of "ONE" vote......But there would probably be a 100 way tie for first place. :lol:

Some of this is why I had been thinking about an anything goes build off.

I honestly do not have the time nor the desire to sit here and answer all of these PMs from people asking me...can I do this...what if I do this...etc.

I have been telling people to submit it to the masses and if they don't rip you to shreds, you're probably okay. :lol:

Members really shouldn't be buggin Steve as if he were the referee.
Throw your questions out here to the rest of us. If you get enough negative response, you can still move forward with your build, but if you are building for the votes and not for yourself, then you can count on not getting certain votes.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Members really shouldn't be buggin Steve as if he were the referee.
Throw your questions out here to the rest of us. If you get enough negative response, you can still move forward with your build, but if you are building for the votes and not for yourself, then you can count on not getting certain votes.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!!!

+1

I agree, but how do we get this information to the eyes of the... umm... special cases?

I can't make it down the list of bikes. If I haven't commented on ya bike yet...Get Ta Buildin'!! I'll get there soon! Peace

A lot of bikes being built this time, also a lot of first time builders (me included). I like looking at them all but it tends to make me want to copy ideas instead of come up with my own... Luckily I have a short memory!

GTB! (with all apologies to Jake) Rg

raggedjim said:
A lot of bikes being built this time, also a lot of first time builders (me included). I like looking at them all but it tends to make me want to copy ideas instead of come up with my own... Luckily I have a short memory!

GTB! (with all apologies to Jake) Rg

Copying one person is plagiarism,stealing from many is called "research".

Tossing around the idea of submitting a bike I'm building. It's a pretty mild build... probably won't be a contender for anything.

I have a question about the painting rule. If I leave the frame with the factory paint on it, will it disqualify me as I'm not painting it myself.

DaBigKahuna said:
Tossing around the idea of submitting a bike I'm building. It's a pretty mild build... probably won't be a contender for anything.

I have a question about the painting rule. If I leave the frame with the factory paint on it, will it disqualify me as I'm not painting it myself.

The rule applies to "if" you paint it then you must do it yourself, you are free to leave factory paint, past paint, no paint. However, this build had a start date of May 1st, if the build was started before that date, then it is not eligible.

yoothgeye said:
DaBigKahuna said:

The rule applies to "if" you paint it then you must do it yourself, you are free to leave factory paint, past paint, no paint. However, this build had a start date of May 1st, if the build was started before that date, then it is not eligible.

Just started it Sunday ;-)

Latest posts

Back