BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was wondering the same thing as herr rudolf, but didnt see anything about it in the rules. im not gonna be a last minute player, just may take a week or two since since unexpected incidents have happened. :roll:

herr_rudolf said:
Is there a closing date on entering the RRBBO? I'm wondering if there should be one... I remember being not to fond of new members entering just days before the deadline with a 'freshly' build bike without an extensive build history.
...or am I taking things too seriously again..?

Competition makes me do that, you know...
:wink:

As long as your very first post on this board isn't in the finished bikes thread, I'm OK with late starters. :wink:

herr_rudolf said:
....... I remember being not to fond of new members entering just days before the deadline with a 'freshly' build bike without an extensive build history.......

good point. i think if we consider the thread itself a major part of the build that will take care of itself. some folks have pinstripe skills, some have fab skills, some of us have the advantage of new parts at wholesale prices. others may have great photo or narrative skills that don't seem at first to be as important but in a months long process make the whole thing more enjoyable. there will be tons of equally cool 'end result' bikes, but 'how did it get there?' is the community aspect that really keeps me watching the build off. :D

Looks like the year of the diamond. Right now I'm waffling between a Schwinn Sprint frame, or a nice lightweight Lotus, which unlike almost every other free find of mine, is actually larger :shock: than optimal.

As for late entries, like has already been said, people are going to be more likely to vote for a build they've been able to see and read about through the entire contest compared to some Johnny-come-lately that just jumps in at the last days.

This sounds fun i want to enter but im not sure...

rrbbo_6_1.jpg

^Don't you love RRBBO?

I can get used to this kind of 'spam'...
:wink:

wolfy said:
Go for it! It's all for fun anyway! Build something you would be proud to ride! 8)

Follow the rules below and have fun! We're keepin' this thing pretty loose so don't get yourself in a knot.

Just build a cool bike and don't worry about anyone else. :mrgreen:

This is for fun...if you find yourself spending lots of time and energy making sure everyone is following the rules then you're probably gettin' in a little too deep into this.

There's no big cash prize, no instant fame and fortune, just an opportunity to be a part of a group build off and end up with a cool bike in the end.

Everybody together now...CLOSE YOUR EYES....BIG INHALE....HOLD IT.............BREATH OUT SLOWLY....life is good. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Follow the rules below and have fun! We're keepin' this thing pretty loose so don't get yourself in a knot.

Just build a cool bike and don't worry about anyone else. :mrgreen:

This is for fun...if you find yourself spending lots of time and energy making sure everyone is following the rules then you're probably gettin' in a little too deep into this.

There's no big cash prize, no instant fame and fortune, just an opportunity to be a part of a group build off and end up with a cool bike in the end.

Everybody together now...CLOSE YOUR EYES....BIG INHALE....HOLD IT.............BREATHE OUT SLOWLY....life is good. :wink:
+1
This will be my third time participating in this build off and I think that its more fun when you make it fun! I can promise if your worried about it, the people who break and stretch the rules will pay for it on voting time. I see it every year. The ones that build a questionable bike get few votes.

Wow! this is freakin' insane!
We'll easily hit 100 entries this year, it's gona' be tough to keep up with all these posts!

JoKeR63 said:
Wow! this is freakin' insane!
We'll easily hit 100 entries this year, it's gona' be tough to keep up with all these posts!

+1 Real tough! Some really stiff competition already at this early stage. The more I see, the more I am motivated! Good luck to everyone competing!

....hssss...crackle.....RRB to fsjaak, come in fsjaak.......hsss......crackle....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

herr_rudolf said:
wolfy said:

Why not? There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't.
1 lack of time
2 lack of funds
3 lack os skills
I really want to mabye... i cant ride a bike but i want to get a cheap schwinn"drifter" from sears or schwinn"legacy" to learn on as a starting point. i currenly customize bikes and paint um but doubt can build something from a frame. Nice meeting you ratrod.

finish one bike yesterday. ride it today, get talked into building another one tonight. here we go

Latest posts

Back