BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
In the past we have had a member make a trophy for the winner....not sure if that will happen this time or not.

All of the members get to vote using a polling system that I have to set up after the cut off date. Each person gets to vote on the bike they think is the best.

I scrounged up some parts to build a trophy with. Here's the start. If noone else has started one I'll finish it. I just wrote on it with a sharpie for now for 'idea' purposes. I have a sprocket and some 1/4" diamond plate for a base. Noone can say it's not ratty enough! :D Any objections guys or shall I continue?

P1011759.jpg

P1011760.jpg

That looks pretty cool, but as last years winner I got dibs on building the official trophy..... Just worked out the details with Steve.. Sorry man...
ej599 said:
Rat Rod said:
In the past we have had a member make a trophy for the winner....not sure if that will happen this time or not.

All of the members get to vote using a polling system that I have to set up after the cut off date. Each person gets to vote on the bike they think is the best.

I scrounged up some parts to build a trophy with. Here's the start. If noone else has started one I'll finish it. I just wrote on it with a sharpie for now for 'idea' purposes. I have a sprocket and some 1/4" diamond plate for a base. Noone can say it's not ratty enough! :D Any objections guys or shall I continue?

P1011759.jpg

P1011760.jpg

No problem, my mistake. :oops: I should have discussed with Headquarters first. Things like rules, etiquette and protocall escape my feeble minds grasp. Can't wait to see it. :mrgreen:

ej599 said:
No problem, my mistake. :oops: I should have discussed with Headquarters first. Things like rules, etiquette and protocall escape my feeble minds grasp. Can't wait to see it. :mrgreen:
That is the UGLIEST thing I've seen on this forum yet!.......What're you trying to do, make a trophy so ugly that everyone "votes" for ya.......so you can KEEP your own trophy.........Nice try!.......I KNOW I can make a trophy worse then that! :roll:

KOTA said:
ej599 said:
That is the UGLIEST thing I've seen on this forum yet!.......What're you trying to do, make a trophy so ugly that everyone "votes" for ya.......so you can KEEP your own trophy.........Nice try!.......I KNOW I can make a trophy worse then that! :roll:

Ha ha ha! You're on to me! Maybe we could give it to the bike with the fewest votes. One of those bikes with apes and skinny tires or worse one of those hideous English bikes. :wink: I actually didn't even notice the entire thread dedicated to the build off prize. :oops:

OK, so I am new to this bike build off stuff and am thinking about throwing down with ya. Not sure which way I am going to go yet. I have an old Coca-Cola bike that really needs Rod'n (it's not in mint shape anyway) and I have the Hi-Lo folder mentioned elsewhere. Here is the question..........
The bike comes apart in the middle. Would it be considered "frame altering" if I took the two parts and split them??? Keep in mind, I am not cutting them. The way I see it, I am taking advantage of the frame design, not altering it :)
What do y'all think???
dlq5v7.jpg

15qq32w.jpg

I kinda like it the way it is. I would put a steering wheel on it. But I dont think you can modify the frame structure. But what the heck do I know, I can't even build a trophy right! :D

A "FOLDITO"!

wow i give ya props for finding a frame that you could do that to and technically get around the rules. however really that is changing the frame shape but then again it is no different than adding a rear springer to a hardtail cruiser frame or what some of the guys are doing with bolt on struts to the back to lower the frame. i will wait till steve rings in on that one and i am suprised that outlaw has not come down upon this with great vengeance yet. (quoted from pulp fiction) :mrgreen:

haha, here i am. don't know about this one. since it's a take apart and others are streaching and lowering, which is not altering the basic frame, and i'am in a good mood swing, i say do it. what the hey. but since i am not the boss here, Steve, what ya say about this one? lol

Outlaw

wow outlaw you have been in a good mood for a few days what gives?

well ya know, i am just diggin on these Lady's bikes and i don't care what anyone brings to the build off. do what ya want, cause the Lady's pack is gonna win this year. well at least one of the Ladys. so ya all can bring it on. cut em up, we don't care. were here to spank ya,so there. lol. and you to my friend.lol

Outlaw

let the spank fest begin though not sure who will spank who buddy :D

me either, but it's been fun so far. there is like 113 bikes in this time. would be amazing if all got built. there is alot of great bike this time. wow. well we are all winners anyways, no matter how ya look at it.

Outlaw

I say since no frame cutting is actually involved this would be the ultimate loophole...ha ha.

Let er rip! :wink:

so much for smack talking, Outlaw think's the girls will spank? I dont think so, not so easy on my trike but we will see :D

Back