bronx radio bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
ive seen this guy ridng this bike around over the last couple of years whenever I was working in the Bronx. seemed like each time I saw it, had some minor changes. you could hear him coming blocks away, blasting salsa type music. it actually sounds really good. turns out, he was a daily "visitor" at a building I was working in. has home made boxes with a detachable face car stereo, 2 6 1/2"car speakers, and a motorcycle battery, and 3 computer or home audio speakers mounted up front. various flashing lights and other little personal details. I dunno, I think its cool.
null_zps043c26d3.jpg

null_zps2906fe13.jpg

Haha! I'm sure some people think the music is annoying, but yeah, it is pretty cool. What are those big chrome hoops on both sides of the front and back wheels? Just for looks?

I never figured out, what those were. im not sure if its something repurposed or it is actually a bike part. I only talked to him for a min.

This is pretty cool ! Did you ask Albert what year his is? It looks like he has been working on his ride for awhile. The crash bars will help protect his stereo speakers if his bike falls over.

I didn't ask what year, I assumed its one of the reproduction cruiser delux? I always liked the Schwinn with a tank. its definitely used. I used to see or hear him almost every day cruising by the one job.

Back