Broken Leg Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My latest build, started off as a Colson bare frame. I had to chop the fork and truss rods down since they were off of a girls bike and the tube length was an inch over what I needed. I pie cut the stem and took about 3/4 of an inch out to bring the bars down in front of me. The headbadge was an ebay find that says Rival on it so I thought it just fit. I made a custom extended seatpost to give me more of a layed down on my stomach feel. The tires and rims are from ind-chuckz and are highly recommended! Crank is from a AMF. The taillight is another ebay item that works off of batteries and has a switch like a flashlight. That pretty much wraps up the details except the name. I took a nasty fall on this bike on July 30th and broke my PCL off of the knee and just had 4 hour surgery to repair it. I had close to 30 staples closing my wound in the back of the knee, and have a nice stainless screw holding the splinter of bone that broke off as well as the pcl back on, so hence the name. My friends the Pedal Grinders I ride with ride hard so maybe we should slow down a little? NAH!!!! I'm recovering and can't wait to start riding again!
Photo082.jpg
Photo316.jpg
Photo323.jpg
Photo407.jpg
Photo408.jpg
Photo410.jpg
Photo411.jpg

Sorry to hear about your wipe out and wish you a full recovery. Your bike came out sweet. Good combo of parts and all black is so cool!Get well and get back on.

Looks great. Headbadge is awesome.

Did you weld that stem up? Those press steel stems have enough problems already.

Ya I put 2 nice fat beads ging down it and reinforced it underneath also. I actually sectioned the fork tube, beveled the edges and rewelded it as well as the 3 truss bars. Not really a hard task, just held the 2 pieces square with magnets, then tacked, checked, and ran a nice solid bead going around the whole thing.

i like the speedometer it's a nice touch, the badge is pretty Bad as$ too. all and all a sweet ride. If you aren't using the chain guard you can ship it up to me a little mod and it would look real sweet on my current build :wink:

hey slick nice bike, havnt met ya yet due to turbo wrecking ya, but anyway you wouldnt by chance be interested in selling that there chain guard would ya?? :shock: :shock:

the bike looks good man. Like your bell and rear light.
someone else asked if you were gonna sell the chain guard-
I'm interested too, but I think you should consider mounting it- that thing is sick.

As for now I think i'm going to keep the chainguard for the fact that I have 5 more project bikes on the way. That chainguard is off of a columbia 5 star or 3 star? Thanks guys! I'll post a closeup of the taillight later tonight.

Latest posts

Back