Broken Arrow: Update 11/22

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I picked up this '56 Columbia Fire Arrow frame and tank from murraymadman a little while back. The tank design on these is one of my favorites and I've been looking forward to starting on this one. It'll probably be a slow build but posting something helps me be motivated. So far I have the shock ease springer that I believe I got from TheFlyingDingo. The wheels are a nice set off of a 90's schwinn, and I have set of Jerald slicks on their way.

DSC06110.jpg

Re: Broken Arrow

somebody has to do the double jerald set-up! :lol: when your done,we will see how many "clones" will be in next years buildoff! :shock: im no one to talk....i just ordered the same sun cr18 wheels and electra tires combo you used on high key! :D doesnt seem to be a big market for 700c wheels with coaster brakes.

texasbigjon said:
somebody has to do the double jerald set-up! :lol: when your done,we will see how many "clones" will be in next years buildoff! :shock: im no one to talk....i just ordered the same sun cr18 wheels and electra tires combo you used on high key! :D doesnt seem to be a big market for 700c wheels with coaster brakes.

I don't think there is hardly an idea on any of my bikes that I didn't get from somebody else. In fact Stripped & Teased and High Key had paint jobs influenced by some of your builds. I looked all over for 700c wheelsets with coasters and that was the best set I could find. You could build your own but you'd end up spending a lot more. Are they going on the Hawthorne?

I really believe it would look better if you built it without that ugly tank. Its just getting in the way...so send it to me and I will keep it for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kram said:
texasbigjon said:

I don't think there is hardly an idea on any of my bikes that I didn't get from somebody else. In fact Stripped & Teased and High Key had paint jobs influenced by some of your builds. I looked all over for 700c wheelsets with coasters and that was the best set I could find. You could build your own but you'd end up spending a lot more. Are they going on the Hawthorne?
yep, thats exactly where they are going! :D

I'm also doing a double Jerald Sulky set up. They are going on a Hawthorne, but not the cool, rounded CWC frame. I kinda wish it were one, but it's a cool frame so have high hopes.

This Fire Arrow has got to be one of the coolest stock bikes out there. I love it.

So far I got the frame and tank stripped to bare metal and then primed. I also got the tires in the mail today and mounted them on the rims. I think I'll probably end up painting the rims and I need to clean off the mold release from the tires. The frame is a middleweight and there is barely room for that tire, I'll have to be sure that rim is very true :D .

DSC06122.jpg

DSC06118.jpg

DSC06120.jpg

Re: Broken Arrow: Update 10/25

Very nice! Nice looking build so far too btw! Can someone tell me the PSI max on these? Also has anyone used them on a high speed application? I need them to handle 100mph at least.

Re: Broken Arrow: Update 10/25

I got some of the paint done today. This bike was fairly pitted over most of the surfaces. I was originally going to do some filler to get it all back smooth. I decided to leave it and I actually quite like the look it gives it. I used duplicolor engine enamel and it is really nice paint. It's a little hard to photograph but the colors are a muted blue and orange. Sort of old school machinery colors. The paint actually has a really nice gloss to it but I think I'll go with a matte clear.

DSC06124.jpg

DSC06128.jpg

Back