***BRIGHTLINER*** Update 10,0 - Virginia Beach Appearance!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #3.0 - On a Roll!!

yoothgeye said:
brett4christ said:
I'm short 2 spokes so I can't finish the lacing. I'll run by the LBS at lunch tomorrow....hope he's got one!

If he's got one, you're still short one. :lol:

Funny Guy! Or is it "Fungi"?

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #2.0 - I'm Back!!!

brett4christ said:
2012-07-24_06-34-52_389.jpg

I'm liking your setup a lot!!
If Spaceliners weren't so fun then I might hang this on a wall too. :lol:
Guarantee you'll turn some heads with this one.

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #2.0 - I'm Back!!!

MplsCoaster said:
brett4christ said:

I'm liking your setup a lot!!
If Spaceliners weren't so fun then I might hang this on a wall too. :lol:
Guarantee you'll turn some heads with this one.

Thanks, MC!

I picked up the missing spokes at lunch, so (after I mow and edge) I should get the rear laced and trued tonight. Then I have to find a good front hub and see if the spokes I have will work.

Wish me luck!

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #4.0 - Wheels Built!

Spent the last two evenings trying to get my wheels right...still not completely there, but I thought an update was in order.

Pics for your enjoyment...

2012-07-27_06-49-42_19.jpg

2012-07-27_06-49-55_959.jpg

Gotta be careful not to impale myself in those wingtips!!!!! :shock:

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #3.0 - On a Roll!!

Looking sweet!
You might have to ride bowlegged, but it's worth it to have those awesome wings on there!!!!!

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #4.1 - WWYD???

YG, The 'Liner has found a good home, but if you're nice, I MAY let you ride it! :D

I'm in a quandry, though. I need handlebar ideas!!!!

Help me out guys, WWYD? (What would you do?)

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #4.1 - WWYD?

I think I would go with a bar that somewhat mimics the wings. At least something with a similar flow.

Some sort of swept back bars would be good.

It will be fun to see how many hood ornaments are in the final entries.Off hand, I can think of at least 6 builds that have one (I have a mix of two). Your wings are amazing!!!

Thanks for the handlebar ideas, guys! I'll slide what I have into the stem tonight and get some pics for a poll tomorrow!

And thanks for the kudos on the hood ornament! When I found out a buddy had this, I knew it needed to be on this bike!

For future reference, take a look at this collection of hood ornaments from the HAMB!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... +ornaments

Mr. Kool said:
Wow, nice one!!!

And the hood ornament has just been designed to sit there!!! Killer idea!!!!!!!!!

I had to find something to fit there since I couldn't find an original tank for it! :D

So you just happened to have a killer hoodie with angel wings lying around the shop. "Hey, this'll fit".

kingfish254 said:
So you just happened to have a killer hoodie with angel wings lying around the shop. "Hey, this'll fit".

Not quite....I saw another 51 Chrysler hood ornament on the HAMB, and asked one of my hot rod buddies that owns old Chrysler products if he had one. He said he didn't but another buddy might.....turns out he did! I traded him some pinstriping for it.

I was going to try to sand/prime/paint the wings and teh rear rack, but it looked too good together without color!

When I first got my JC Higgins I was bidding on an old hood ornament on eBay and lost. I think it was a Plymouth ornament, it was a large ship, look kind of pirate like, but it was pretty flat. Still wish I'd gotten that.

Re: ***Not-So BRIGHTLINER*** Update #5.0 - Got a Handle(bar)!

This is the only bar that fit the build, unless I cut another bar for a boardtrack bar....

2012-07-30_16-20-13_149.jpg

2012-07-30_16-20-26_65.jpg

They don't pull straight back, but they'll work just fine!

2012-07-31_17-56-49_405.jpg

Back