Boyd Coddington passes away

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! The hot rod world looses another talented guy. A guy whose work I greatly admired, and got to meet. I even sold him a piece of my artwork to at Reno's Hot August Nights in 1995. He bought one of my flying headlights, a swag lamp that featured a pair of 1937 Ford headlights, mounted back to back in oak with angel style wings. It was a really cool piece, and the first show for that piece, in fact the finish was drying as I was driving to Reno. It was my newest and coolest piece at the time and Boyd Coddington bought it, wow, that made the show for me. I got his bizcard and had him sign it. He was a tuff sell, I had to lower my price $20 (it was still the most expensive piece I had ever sold at the time), but hey I sold a piece of my artwork to Boyd Coddington, I was on top of the world. I guess that will be my only sale to him. I always liked his cars, in fact one of my aluminum honeycomb bikes was kind of named with his inspiration, the "Alumasled".
sled2.jpg

Death comes too early, Boyd and his talents will be missed. R.I.P.
Dangerous Dan

THAT SUCKS,I know he did act crazy on TV sometimes,but I just can not believe it.I have my own likes & styles,but I respect all restorers & customizers.Regardless what color they paint their car.A Real Loss. :cry:

OH MY GOD. HE DIED?! BLESS HIS HOT RODDING SOUL. Holey.. :cry: Man that made me cry. So sad.

It was a real bummer when I saw the show that Roy passed away in, I always paid attention whenever he leaded. Boyd's passing is a sad one as well,there arn't many old school rodders to follow left. People always were split on if they'd work for him or not, I would in a second. Sure he can be a jerk, but it was his shop. He was quick to point out that it was his name on the sign by the road! God bless and thanks Boyd!!!

Back