Bowden Spacelanders Being Restored

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The story about the 11 bowden spacelanders is true. I am in the process of restoring the first three. Here are the pictures. Will post more as I progress in the restorations.

IM000243.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

come on there has to be one that is bad enough to rat :mrgreen:

wow! awesome!

the details on these are very interesting.

keep us updated...

Somebody should make a "2010' version of the spacelander- in CARBON FIBER!
how cool would THAT be???

Someday, i WILL own a spacelander. I have made this vow to myself.

always a day late and a dollar short. :)

for those of us that missed the story, how bout a link or re cap? i'm very interested to hear how this all came about.

thx

Nice Find, Looks like you need a little more room to work, Bring them over my place, I would be more than happy to store and admire them for you. You are 1 lucky guy, Good luck and keep posting pics, Rick

Wow! Very cool. Remember, they are only original once. Some bikes need to be restored, where others should be left alone. :mrgreen:

langsmer said:
Wow! Very cool. Remember, they are only original once. Some bikes need to be restored, where others should be left alone. :mrgreen:
I'm with you, I would just hate to see these rechromed and repainted. That would ruin these beautiful pieces of art. Would you like to see someone repaint the mona lisa over the original? heck no. Clean them... carefully, and enjoy each and every chip, scratch, and flaw in the finish. Nice Find!!!

I am obsessed by a point concerning the Spacelander

What does the frame look like???

Could you post photos of the hiden parts?

(Don't tell me there's nothing in the fiberglass body)

tomb said:
Somebody should make a "2010' version of the spacelander- in CARBON FIBER!
how cool would THAT be???

The mid 80's version made by David Sherrell looked like that.

blacksherrell.jpg

Sherrell%20type2%20model%2088.jpg

My friend has a repro set of those fender-forks, hes been saving them for a special project.

musclebikes said:
My friend has a repro set of those fender-forks, hes been saving them for a special project.
The sherrell ones or spacelander ones?
Those Sherrell ones are sweet! havent seen them before! Thanks ZAZ!

HI CRAIG MORROW HERE,,,IM THE GUY WHO FOUND THE 11 BOWDENS,,,FIRST THING IS I WONT TO SAY IS HI,,,,,CURT IS MY BUDDY OF MINE AND IS WORKING ON THE BOWDENS HERE,,,HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS IS A COOL FORUM / SITE,,,I AGREE EVERYONE HERE IS SO NICE AND WITH COOL BIKES,,,,,CURT IS ONE GREAT BODY MAN AND WOW,,THE BIKES ARE CLEANING UP GREAT,,,,,I THINK HE SAID HE WILL POST ONE OF THE BLUE BOWDENS,,,,NONE OF THE BIKES NEED RE PAINTED AND SOME ARE MISSING SOME PARTS BUT WE DID FIND SOME NOS PARTS ,,,WE EVEN FOUND SOME MOLDINGS AND LIGHTS AND RARE HARDWARE,,,,SOME ARE FOR SALE,,,,,,,I HOPE YOU LIKE THE PHOTOS AND I THINK I WILL LOOK AT SOME BIKES HERE AND CHEK OUT THIS SITE THANKS ,,,,

SCHWINNSTORE said:
HI CRAIG MORROW HERE,,,IM THE GUY WHO FOUND THE 11 BOWDENS,,,FIRST THING IS I WONT TO SAY IS HI,,,,,CURT IS MY BUDDY OF MINE AND IS WORKING ON THE BOWDENS HERE,,,HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS IS A COOL FORUM / SITE,,,I AGREE EVERYONE HERE IS SO NICE AND WITH COOL BIKES,,,,,CURT IS ONE GREAT BODY MAN AND WOW,,THE BIKES ARE CLEANING UP GREAT,,,,,I THINK HE SAID HE WILL POST ONE OF THE BLUE BOWDENS,,,,NONE OF THE BIKES NEED RE PAINTED AND SOME ARE MISSING SOME PARTS BUT WE DID FIND SOME NOS PARTS ,,,WE EVEN FOUND SOME MOLDINGS AND LIGHTS AND RARE HARDWARE,,,,SOME ARE FOR SALE,,,,,,,I HOPE YOU LIKE THE PHOTOS AND I THINK I WILL LOOK AT SOME BIKES HERE AND CHEK OUT THIS SITE THANKS ,,,,

hi craig, welcome. first rule of forum edicate, capitols=yelling :D
so whats all this yelling about? :lol: :D :lol:

i would very much like to hear how you happened across these wonderful bikes.

thx

Back