bought this...no clue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed a bark to use for parts and ended up gettin this for $25. It's a Catalina Free Spirit... Once I finish my bike I plan on building my girl one with this frame and fork. I just don't know anything about it. What sold me on it was the big steel wheels and reletively new shimano hub and coaster. Does anyone know anything about these? I'm sure its just some cheap brand. I just thought that i would have at least seen one before. Anything ya'll know would be great. Thanks guys!

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

"Free Spirit" was one of Sears' bike names in the 70s-80s. The chainguard makes me think it was most likely made by Huffy. Good deal. ~Adam

i definately seams like it was made in the late 80s to me. thanks a lot man. hopefully once i gut it to finish my bike it will turn into a nice cruiser for my ol lady

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Not sure who makes it (leaning towards a Huffy), but I do like the nice wide handlebars.
Nice bike for comfy cruisin'

Ride on!
Dr. T

glad you like the bars cause im not keepin them lol. my girl doesnt like them either. maybe i can get rid of them on here

Latest posts

Back