(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the words, I guess my ignorance of this type of creativity / engineering / physics is showing.This is truly a "start from scratch" build and I have to keep watching to see how it all comes together. The mix of your high tech computer drawings and the organic mulling through the pile of tires, parts, and steel shows diversity in it's broadest sense....and I'm always in favor of diversity! That's also what is so cool about this website, people all over the world coming together for a unified passion. It's like taking an international trip without all the time and expense! Build on Aussie!
:)

I don't have the words, I guess my ignorance of this type of creativity / engineering / physics is showing.This is truly a "start from scratch" build and I have to keep watching to see how it all comes together. The mix of your high tech computer drawings and the organic mulling through the pile of tires, parts, and steel shows diversity in it's broadest sense....and I'm always in favor of diversity! That's also what is so cool about this website, people all over the world coming together for a unified passion. It's like taking an international trip without all the time and expense! Build on Aussie!
These build-offs are great!
I remember the first one I participated in, which was Muscle Bike Build-Off 1 with only 6 members from memory, but we all posted in one thread, and no matter what time of day or night there was always a new update because we were spread all over the world!
These big build-off's are like that but just multiplied many times over, I think last year was the most international to date, but it looks like this year may beat it!

By the way, high tech computer drawings? :21: This is only one step up from windows paint! I have used BikeCad and Adobe 3D in the past, but the Paint.NET program is by far my favourite, much simpler to use and less power hungry on my old ex-government computer than the big programs, but gives you the multi layer feature that is very needed! I see some people have full 3D animations this year, really enjoying the videos and digital mock-ups!

We are even getting more pencil and napkin sketches, which is always good! :thumbsup:

Luke.

I'm with you on this Oddjob, my only problem is she that is the boss
keeps giving me odd jobs to do and I can't get near my bikes!

I finally figured in my head what the next step was, but it was stupidly cold this morning and I found I didn't have the size steel washers I needed...

So I decided to film another video, this time with me going into town and shopping for all the items I need to continue on, steel washers, some pipe for the wheel hubs, firewood, fire lighters, a length of 22mm tube for the forks and handlebars, etc.

I figured I could take the video camera with me into the shops and film me buying stuff, hopefully making everyone uncomfortable in the process about being in some random video, which might end up being good for some laughs... :thumbsup:

That plan went sideways at the very first place I stopped when they said no when I asked if I could film... :oops:

Same at the next shop... :oops:

In the end I only ended up with a few seconds of footage from one place when no one was around, just me sorting through some washers... Real entertaining footage!

So now I have almost an hour of footage of basically me driving from one store to the next, turning the camera off and then it re-starts when I come back out and say what I bought, not exactly the cinematic masterpiece I was hoping for, but I will dig through the footage and see if there is anything worth saving...

Luke.

Still working on the video, but here are some super exciting shots of the stuff I bought today!

Firewood:

17184148844_719bbba650_z.jpg

Firelighters, cutoff discs, a flapdisc and those all important steel washers:

17780324896_1f6c88b3a7_z.jpg

A length each of 22 and 13mm tube (7/8 and 1/2"):

17806594485_ee05c16914_z.jpg

Looks like the video may come out ok, it may only be of interest to see the area where we live and to watch me drive on the wrong side of the road down here in Aussie land...

Luke.

Firewood... you have a fire o_O. Lucky you. I rely on an electric heater which went on for the first time this season just an hour ago. It's a bit nippy :blush:

Glen.

Firewood... you have a fire o_O. Lucky you. I rely on an electric heater which went on for the first time this season just an hour ago. It's a bit nippy :blush:

Glen.
My fire is just half of an old car gas tank with some breather slots in the bottom mounted on an old car rim... Nothing special Glen! Keeps it bearable when the wind picks up!

Luke.

My fire is just half of an old car gas tank with some breather slots in the bottom mounted on an old car rim... Nothing special Glen! Keeps it bearable when the wind picks up!

Luke.

Oh, right... that outdoor fire. I forgot about that :rolleyes:. I thought it was for a cosy fireplace in the house.

Your other supplies look great... looking forward to seeing it all get used as your frame comes together :)

Glen.

Video 5 is up!

With quite a few hours spent on Windows Movie Maker and the YouTube video editor, (started just after lunch, it is now midnight!) it came out much better than expected...

Luke.

Interesting look at your part of the earth down there. Illustration of your build looks good!
ec0f3f5620c332234b304723c3c81d90.jpg

Our Down Under Pot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very entertaining. High speed chase sequences are cool, I like the people running by... Seems you live just about as far out of town as I'd like to be...

Carl.

Nicely done video! I hate those Sony radios as well. Used to have one and wanted to punch it sometimes for beeping everyone time it goes on or off!

With quite a few hours spent on Windows Movie Maker and the YouTube video editor, (started just after lunch, it is now midnight!) it came out much better than expected...

Luke.
I have to ask, do you still feel the same about video vs. pics & text? :21:
...it seems to take less time than stopping to take pics while working and then writing a long explanation in the post, I was going to do some normal posts too, but I am leaning more and more towards just doing a video at the end of each work day explaining what I did...

Luke.

I'm thinking either way takes some time, but I'll have to say that the video is far more engaging! Keep'm coming! :41:

I'm thinking either way takes some time, but I'll have to say that the video is far more engaging! Keep'm coming! :41:

After spending 40+ years in advertising, I'm fully aware of the arduous process of filming. Most people are blown away it takes 4 months to a year to make a 30 second TV commercial from concept to finish and usually with a crew of 50 or more people...it's a laborious task. I’m impressed with your budget production of one. OUSTSTANDING!

Very entertaining. High speed chase sequences are cool, I like the people running by... Seems you live just about as far out of town as I'd like to be...

Carl.
We actually live further out, I started the video about half way in, figured it would just be too long...
Nicely done video! I hate those Sony radios as well. Used to have one and wanted to punch it sometimes for beeping everyone time it goes on or off!
They give you options for turning every other noise on or off, or even changing the tone, I can't believe they insist on that noise happening, I guess in a high theft area it might be handy to have as a reminder to remove the detachable face, but where we live it is just unnecessary... I wont be buying another one unless they change it... Always had a good run with Sony gear in the past, but that is just so annoying!

:39: Hmmm, normally I would still say yes, the videos are better as it gets the point across clearer, but that one was a real workout on the computer, having that much footage to work through was just crazy! Glad you are enjoying the videos!
After spending 40+ years in advertising, I'm fully aware of the arduous process of filming. Most people are blown away it takes 4 months to a year to make a 30 second TV commercial from concept to finish and usually with a crew of 50 or more people...it's a laborious task. I’m impressed with your budget production of one. OUSTSTANDING!
:thumbsup: Thank you Sir!
wow yo did a great job on the editing . I couldn't help to notice your on the wrong side of the road ? :21: LOL
I was waiting for that comment! Actually that was the main reason I continued on with the video after it became apparent that I would not be filming in the shops, figured it should be entertaining for those that drive on the right...;)
On the wrong side of the road and it's cold there while it's hot here....weird.:21:

Those vids are priceless. Just now got a chance to watch them all. This is going to be a cool one Luke..:thumbsup:
Thanks Chad!

Hoping to get some more real work done tomorrow, today would have been a great day to work but I had prior engagements with family, hopefully tomorrows weather will be as good!

Should have the rear hub up and running and maybe even the rear wheel spoked up on the axle, so should be a good update!

Luke.

Back