BOOM BOOM Mama Love-PIC's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a bike for the wife's b-day.

Re: BOOM BOOM Mama Love

Here's a couple shots of the bare frame. the color is a baby-blue flake. The pic's dont do justice to the sparkle. BOOM-BOOM Mama Love likes sparkles.
krates095.jpg

krates099.jpg

krates094.jpg

sensor said:
looks good so far :mrgreen:
btw.......what year is the c-10?(and long or short bed?)

Koolmungous is a 64 longbed. Ugly as sin, but runs like a Swiss watch and doesn't have any rust. What you see in the lower front that looks like the typical C-10 fender rot is bondo filling a dent.

racer32 said:
sensor said:
looks good so far :mrgreen:
btw.......what year is the c-10?(and long or short bed?)

Koolmungous is a 64 longbed. Ugly as sin, but runs like a Swiss watch and doesn't have any rust. What you see in the lower front that looks like the typical C-10 fender rot is bondo filling a dent.

DOH! No pic....here ya go:

koolmongous008.jpg

Firewalker said:
WOW great colour!

rattle can or gun if I may ask?

FW

Super-duper, top-secret formula Chinese Huffy Cranbrook blue. I was going to paint it a flat brown, but after I stripped the decals and got a good look at the beautiful paint under all those crappy decals I knew it wanted to stay that color. The bike was a like-new $30 garage-sale special that I stripped for parts. Right now it's getting pinstriped by a local hot rodder pinhead.

maddogrider said:
Real nice color on the bike, nice patina on the truck. Where do live man? I cant keep the rust off my Chevy truck :x

Thanks, the patina is the result of a home paintjob that was poorly prepped and time. I just wish it had just been left the original seafoam green though. The reason t's so solid is it spent most of it's life under cover, and it hasn't been driven around on muddy rural roads or during the winter when the roads are icy and the salt gets dumped. I've got another truck I'm in the process of getting ready to go, a 67 GMC, that doesn't have any rust either. If you know 67-72 GM trucks, you KNOW that finding one that doesn't have rot in the rockers is a find. IF you look hard enough and are lucky enough to live in a part of the world (Texas) that's more friendly to old sheetmetal, they're out there!

Got word from the painter that the striping is done!!!! I'll post pic's tomorrow after I pick it up. :D

Back