Bonjour de france

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello you guyz !

A little hello from a french guy crazy about all strange stuffs dealing with bikes like you all over here!
My name is antoine and i live in paris, i'm still 19 years old but i have my own work-place where i can do my rides and i know how to solder.
I'm a member of the "custombrigade" of france if it says you something, if it don't... no problem!

Here are some pictures of my bikes, the first i made is called jolly jumper it is my daily ride:
Sanstitre2.jpg

the second one, made for the boardtracker contest from the custombrigade:
board3.jpg

my old lowrider made on to an old french frame:
HPIM4911.jpg

My so called "black splatched spider" beachcruiser:
HPIM4730.jpg

my 2 seats beach-cruiser:
HPIM6475.jpg

and a bike made for a friend of me:
HPIM5772.jpg

Sorry for my basic english, i'm learning everyday more and more with you.
See you soon i have many projects to show!
Antoine.

thank you for the welcome!

And by the way i will tell you something crazy.. here in france the tour de france isn't so famous as it looks like, it is an event like an other! but it's cool to see that it is more popular in an another country than our's!

welcome and your bikes are really cool. the black mags on the red lowrider are absolutly sick (and in this term, sick is good). some really original projects there. also dig the tandem cruiser shown as well. i believe there is a whole different flare to the customized european bikes and whats availible overthere. definatly worthy.

mudagoye said:
thank you for the welcome!

And by the way i will tell you something crazy.. here in france the tour de france isn't so famous as it looks like, it is an event like an other! but it's cool to see that it is more popular in an another country than our's!

It's huge for us roadies. I was there following it for two weeks in '04. My best vacation yet. I love your country - so beautiful (the land and the people).

Thank you very much ifitsfreeitsforme, fact we don't say it often but we like you too you american people! We only had problems with your politics, but nothing against the people. But things has hange now with obama, we believe it's going on to a good way. I will go in the united states next summer, means i like your country too!
And for roadmaster, i think it's true that we have a different way to customize in france. We aren't so lucky as you and dont have beautiful schwinn into the bins. We can only find cheap mountain bikes... but if you're still interessed in what a frenchy can do here is what i'm still doing: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11513

mudagoye said:
Thank you very much ifitsfreeitsforme, fact we don't say it often but we like you too you american people! We only had problems with your politics, but nothing against the people. But things has hange now with obama, we believe it's going on to a good way. I will go in the united states next summer, means i like your country too!
And for roadmaster, i think it's true that we have a different way to customize in france. We aren't so lucky as you and dont have beautiful schwinn into the bins. We can only find cheap mountain bikes... but if you're still interessed in what a frenchy can do here is what i'm still doing: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11513

Some people in America were against the changes in politics from the very beginning, before things started to change for the worst. Others were scared after 9/11 and knew better but didn't want to speak out about it. Some did not care then, and they don't care now. Some actually believe that President-elect Obama is a muslim terrorist that wants to take their guns away, but that's just because they watch Fox News and most people are smarter than that now. It's all just part of living America.

mudagoye, it was not easy waving our flag on Alpe d'Huez, the Germans booed us, and some people spit on the ground near us. I was embarassed for my country then. So I know just what you mean. I never let it bother me, because 90% of the people we met said just what you said - it was not personal, it was politics. We had such wonderful times. Like the night we closed a bar owned by a married couple. We helped them put the chairs up on the tables and stayed til 3 in the morning "talking", that is to say drawing primitive images of what we were talking about on bar napkins. We knew very little French, and they knew very little English. It was difficult to leave. Experiences like that stay with you for a life-time. I invite you to my home when you are here in the USA. I'll make sure I have plenty of napkins to draw on :)

cheers

Latest posts

Back