bobbers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want to save up and get a triumph of some sort so i could bob it but i dont know what they do.

what do they do to the frame to get it from this
70_triumph01_450.jpg

to this
triumph_bobber8.jpg

any help is much appreciated :D

Search like triumph hard tail kit or something to that effect. My buddy did one and sold it. If I remember correct he also said they made a non-weld rear end that bolted on.

But for the most part just look around on here.
Most of the cats on here do what your lookin to do but on " non motorized" rides.

Hope this helps.

Beater said:
(but use the word "bobber" sparingly over there 'cause it's kinda a sore subject sometimes :roll: ).

Better yet...tell em you wanna build a rat rod bobber...LOL! :lol:

that stock trump will not look that flat black one.
the stock one is an OIF(oil in frame)bike.
the black one is an earlier model. maybe only 2 or 3 year earlier, but still earlier.
the easiest way(the way he did it) is to buy a bolt on rigid rear section.
weld on is also available. weld on rears are available for the OIF, but not a bolt on version.
look at the pix on the jockey journal in the triump photo thread. you'll be able to see the difference soon enough.

You need '60's or earlier main frame for bolt on tail section. '70's (top pic) has in-frame oil tank as previously mentioned. That "bobber" is a pre-unit job (separate tranny), '50's and earlier.

I would keep a Triumph "Bone Stock" and just enjoy the beauty of it :shock: ..Plus it would be worth more in the long run..If you want to build a bobber build a Harley sportster.Tons of after market parts are available and now people are giving them away..Pick one up that needs a lot of work or a basket case ..People sink a lot of money in em and the really dont hold much value..with all the add ons.. :lol:

First bike I ever had that leaked more oil than it held. You think an early harley viberated bad.....buy a triumph. They were fun till they came out with a 750 honda. Old k5's are twice the bike and hold their price...run like a scalded dog and are almost industructable.

Back