bobbed fenders???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am getting ready to trim down my fenders on my Schwinn to show off a little more tire and i am a little stuck on how much i wanna take off and if i do something cool to the ends..... so i was wondering if ne one that has bobbed there fenders before could post some pics it would be much appreciated......

Picture004.jpg

its for this this bike i am using different fenders

I've done a number of bobbed fenders now but here's one that is most similar to the bike you've got.
I'd have preferred to leave it a bit longer but there was some major damage to the fender that prevented doing so.

IMAG0378.jpg

I built my dad a canti cruiser, bobbed both fenders cut them both to a point kind of like what youd see on a custom chopper, I cut the rear fender in line with the hub to keep the fender still somewhat functional, also made him a custom laid back seat post to get him further away from the pedals as he has bad knees. looks pretty cool ill try find some pics

Here is mine. I not only bobbed it but also widened it. I cut it enough so the support was positioned straight up.
RFshot3.jpg

RFshot4.jpg

RFshot5.jpg

colorscheme.jpg

Wretched_finished.jpg

thanks for all the great ideas guy's i decided to go a little more drastic but ended up only using the front fender and i like the look of it .....

Picture174.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Picture172.jpg

You really did a lot of cool stuff with a conventional, diamond framed bike. Some people say that a bobbed fender on the front is useless, but it does keep the mud off of my headlight.

Latest posts

Back