boardtrack project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0107091339-00.jpg
Hawthorne motorbike,1935, going for te boardtrack look

shes gonna be really nice when youre done! btw.......last time i was at college adam said he gave someone my # to get incontact with me about making a tank...was that you?

0107091339-03.jpg
0107091340-00-1.jpg
0107091339-02.jpg
it is a 1935 Hawthorne, trying to decide on wheels and tires, maybe you can help with the decison, for wheels I have chrome wheels, black, or can paint to match red of bike with cream pin strpe, tire I have black originals, red, or cream Schalbe's, Thank's

Its just me and everybody know I'm no expert. Whitewalls give a more straight look ...like your dad would ride. The schawalbs would be my choice if i had them.....with black rims would be killer. rims with a pinstripe look like a restore. I havent found a color combo that i can use my red tires with ....yet you will have a hard time matching the red paint color and just a shade off looks bad. thats my 2 cents. :) :) Man if you cant make something really cool out of those parts ...then turn in your tail!!!! :roll:

thank's for the input there UncleStretch, the problem I have to build is that I have too many choice's, parts, you know how it can be right?

Im running into the same thing on mine. I just did an elgin with black rims and tires and the majority of what i have are black alloy wheels. may not go with a blue bike. Do have a couple chrome sets but they arnt skiptooth. Can paint a set ,but to take them apart and then respoke and true two rims is work ,and I'm in the lazy mode right now. May take the easy way out and black alloy with regular sprocket. One thing about alot of choices is you can just keep changing and come up with something . Its going to be hard to miss with the frame and seat you have.

well.if you end up running those 24x3's you got id use red(the same color red as the tires)grips and pedal blocks to even it out.....
hoochs rosemary had the red tire/wheel combo and looks great
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1913
the only thing id suggest with that combo is run it fenderless(i dont think theyd fit over those anyhow)
or the creme felts with the red wheels would look great also and would flow with the frame colors......
black walls on black wheels looks good too.........yeah i can see im not being much help now :lol:
id go for the red/red or creme red

thank's guy's, yes, I did see that wheel set on the ePay, trying to make contact with him, was wanting them if they were triple drop center or straight sided rims, would save me some time on the build, thank's

REALLY like that frame, track style dropouts... Man, what a great way to start, I would go board track also, I raced motorcycles years ago, you never get it out of your blood. Looking forward to seeing your build, have fun!

Latest posts

Back