BMX Rarity!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I go and pick this up from the OG owner. I amlost cound not contain myself when he pulled it out of the car. This is a 1 of 2 known to exist Aluminum Cycle Craft frames, with the so rare I am scared to touch them Cycle Craft TITANIUM Forks!!! O, it also had Cooks 181 cranks, Campy Sheriff Star Hubs laced with Bladed spokes, and Mathauser Hydraulic Brakes!!!! You all would kill me if you know what I paid for it, so we will just say like Bicycle Rick said " Wow you stole that!!!"

Enjoy

bikes200.jpg

bikes202.jpg

bikes204.jpg

bikes203.jpg

Thanks Rick for looking it over and helping me wipe my drool!! The hubs shined up so much i need sunglasses!

Love the bike ....hate the pink pads and grips ...any color but pink !!!! But with 1 or 2 around I guess I could like the pink.. :wink: Good luck with it ....enjoy it I would.. :D

That is an awesome bike with the ugliest pads I have ever seen! I would so take those cranks and put them on my Goose. :D

Nice find there. I can't believe the old/rare BMX bikes that guys find around. It seems that is where the deals are nowadays. I'm still looking at flea markets and yard sales, but so far...nada.

Well I polished everything today... Holy crap it is blingtastic. The hubs are in unreal condition, the frame is soo light. Took it to the Blue Springs Aba National race and had people stopping me asking about it

Wow... I would put that thing under the bed and forget about it. If it say`s Cook Bros on any part, it says large cash. That is a very nice piece, man, I would`nt touch it much. I found a complete Cook Bros at a yard sell a few years ago that had been in the house for the last twenty plus years. It was a time machine, almost perfect....the lady tells me it was her son`s that he raced in the early 80`s. This bike was sitting in her front yard stuck in an old school bike stand... I ask her how much... she tells me should have to have $80.00 for the whole rig since she paid almost a hundred bucks for the stand back in the day :shock: . I found a 83 Schwinn Predator today at a resale shop in the same town... $24.00 plus tax. Must be something in the water! You just never know when a deal is going to hit you in the face, normally when you least expect it.

Up the Irons Mates

It does give one the motivation to keep looking.

No telling how many of these gems are still tucked away in garages and attics.

I'm trying to invent a large magnet that only pics up old school BMX and plan to swing it over the city every Saturday morning when the garage sales are going. :D

They are out there.. Just have to have the cash on hand and quick fingers to dial or email them quickly. I also go into a lot of thrift stores and resale shops looks for bmx related stuff. Went into a tiny looking house thrift store in AZ and found a NOS Poorboy padset still in the plastic for a QUARTER!!!

roadmaster said:
i'm not a very big bmx fan (only cuz i'm too big to ride them) but that bike is old school and sweet. dig all the goodies its loaded with, too. bet its super light, too.
Same here-I can't ride it, but I love the way it's built-to fly!

Back