BMX guys I need your input.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im picking up all these bikes tonight. My Question is any of this stuff good? resell value?
The first bike Im keeping but Im letting the rest go.
28dde2d6.jpg

7a87ca41.jpg

ab48ebd9.jpg

f475c84a.jpg

8d14a84a.jpg

998e70d4.jpg

Those are really nice bikes but I don't know about pricing, I love Murray's the most.

I saw a Murray Coke is it bmx bike for $100 on Craigslist that was really clean like new although I don't think anyone got it but if I had the money at the time I would of got it which I still look for them then hopefully have the money by then.

Some BMX parts, especially older stuff from the late 70's and early 80's, can be valuable. I'd be tempted to part those out. The second one (the Haro) looks like it might have a nice set of vintage alloy cranks. Check the handlebars, stems, wheels, forks, brakes, saddles, etc. for their name brands - it's also possible you might have a rare frame

Your best bet is to visit BMX Museum and show those guys over there what you have. You can find out pretty quick if you have something collectible.

7a87ca41.jpg

This one no idea
ab48ebd9.jpg

Dyno NSX guessing mid 1990's Around here cleaned up would go for $75-$125 depending on condition.
f475c84a.jpg

Haro looks like a group 1 series early to mid 90's. about $100
8d14a84a.jpg

Can't read it but fork is awesome. Don't know enough about it to put a value on it.
998e70d4.jpg

same as other Haro. Probably $50-$75 for just the frame and fork on local C-list.

Keep in mind this is just what I have seen around my area, could be higher, could be lower.

ive learned one big think about bmx's especially older one, its all in the parts. you can have a run of the mill huffy or cheap walmart bike, but if someone put the right parts on it in the past, then its worth it. Look for Araya on the rims esp, people love that name. maybe clean the bmx's up and pay for the parts for the straight bar?

8d14a84a.jpg

looks like a royce union to me.. prob around $60.. it maybe an 'avenger' dont rember that brand but possible

7a87ca41.jpg

team murrys i seen go on BMXmesuem from $60 to like $80
its not a high end bike by far, but strangly enough some people do collect them, just not to many so that one may be harder to find a buyer..

8d14a84a.jpg

Just find someone doing a build that is going to be set in blue. Sell them the brake handles with brakes, rims, and fork. Those three things would be $60 easy. then the rest you can do whatever with. Or use the parts to complete another build on a better frame.

tulsacruiser said:
I bought the whole lot for $75 I've sold 4 of the 6 bikes and have made over $200
Sweet deal! I had a similar but better haul. I bought a Diamondback Hot streak, Ross Piranha Frame/fork, and a STACK of rims (Lester mags, ACS Z rims, Several orphan skyways, Suzue hubs, ACS hubs, a set and a half of mongoose mags, Mongoose pro class rims, an orphan Peregrine graphite mag, lots of Araya Hoops)

I broke even on the mongoose mags and 'goose pro class rims, The rest is ALL profit I did so well I GAVE one set of NOS Araya hoops to a friend.

Back