BMX bikes.Lets see'em!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of my favorites!
HPIM0346.jpg

HPIM0334.jpg

I can't remember what I've posted up here before, but I know I haven't posted a finished picture of my 99 S&M Holmes NG. I've been riding this for a while now with various parts, but I finally got it exactly as I want it. So here it is.
IMGP0214.jpg

S&M "Holmes Next Generation" frame, 21" tt
FBM "Kick A__" forks (from necessaryevil)
S&M "Redneck" (from necessaryevil)
S&M "Slam Bars"
Odi "Longneck" grips and barends
S&M "Hot Seat"
Primo "The Rod" seat post
S&M "XLT" seat post clamp
Dia Compe "FS-990" Brake, "Tech 77" lever, Odyssey linear Slic cable
Sun "Ditch Witch" rims, 14mm hubs front and back, 16t ACS "Claw" freewheel
Odyssey "Aitken" tanwall tires, 1.90
KMC-510 chain
Profile 180mm cranks
DK sealed american bottom bracket
S&M "101" pedals
FBM cross chainwheel
FSA upper and cane creek lower headset
DK "Peg Bundy" pegs
new S&M pads

Man that came out nice!Love those Aitken tires.I was gonna get the Path tires which are similiar.The padset looks great!Thats one of my favorite padsets ever except for the Skull Skates pads.

Thanks man! I'm really happy with how it came out, especially looking back at some earlier pictures of it with white Milk Bars and a white Aitken seat on it... Didn't look so hot. Those Path tires are awesome! I was looking at them, but ended up with Aitkens because the tanwalls were on closeout at Empire when I happened to be in there. So it was either $40 for a set of Path tanwalls or $15 for a set of Aitkens. I wanted a meatier tire up front, but whatever, I'll ride the set I've got on there until I need new ones.

old ! old ! school,this is how it was done in the early to mid 70's! :D a couple of mine,that are long gone , but at least i found some pictures i had forgotten about
IM000368.jpg
Picture_008.jpg

Man theres some jewels comin out!Those are some killer rides.OWL that Kuwi is rad.That Schwinn and Raleigh? is what its all about.I would really like an old MX bike to rebuild.GOLDSTREET you need some street tires on that beauty!Porkchop has them real cheap.Killer rides,lets keepem coming!!!!!

I posted some progress shots on my 81 Laguna in the build section a few days ago, and no one seems interested so I figured I'd post it up here because there was a bunch of interest when I first picked it up:

Still in mostly survivor shape, with a few changes to make it more ridable...
IMGP0229.jpg

IMGP0228.jpg

The seat it came with was a horrible walmart gel seat, so I changed it to an old leather saddle. That broke, so I changed it to a Mongoose style seat from Porkchop BMX. Switched out the old cruiser bars for some 81 stamped Schwinn BMX bars. The tires it came with were cheap MTB tires, so they got switched to some cheap (but better looking) knobby whitewalls. I think its staying in rider shape for a while until I decide whether I want to powder the frame and do a real build on it. I do plan on losing the coaster wheels in favor of a freewheel setup.

Back