Blue Light Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of Blue Light Special build. Started with a K Mart All Pro bike. Pretty plain frame so I added some gussets and a flame panel to jazz it up a little. Relocated the seat to bring ride height down. The wheels are from a Schwinn Breeze with a 2 speed coaster hub, but they're an odd size and I can't find tires to fit. I want to add www tires and ape hanger bars. Paint will be satin powder blue with Ol skool flames, white to yellow to orange with some pinstriping on the gussets. This will be my first Rat Rod style bike. Will make a good cruiser for those long rides.

100_0418.jpg

100_0428.jpg

100_0430.jpg

100_0432.jpg

100_0439.jpg

The Blue Light Special 98% complete. Added new wheels & tires from a Huffy cruiser, Ape hangers,headlight, leather seat and 26" springer forks.Powder coated the crank & kickstand w/ chrome powder coat. Painted the frame w/ rattle can paint and vinyl graphics. I want to add leather grips w/ fringe, a taillight and maybe some pinstriping.

bls1.jpg

bls2.jpg

bls3.jpg

bls4.jpg

That is one of the wildest things I've seen yet!......Some of us consider ourselves "builders". You are an "artist"! I've seen your other bike, but I like this one. I know you joined in November, but do US a favor post an INTRO so we can get to know YOU! Nice, nice bike!

i love what you did to it! that is to cool the way you did the gussets and seat, im really digging the flames! ill be watching this build for sure! it looks great! a kmart bike anyone would be proud to own! is it your first custom?

lookin great so far!! im gonna be watchin! :mrgreen:

I like cuttin & weldin. Now your talking. That's what I call, pouring your brain out so others can see what you've been thinking. I really like the rear rack, hope you didn't throw it away.

Thanks for the input. I'm not a welder by trade, just necessity. I posted an Intro under Scrap Yard Choppers if you want to know more. I have more bikes in the gallery on FreakBike Nation if you want to see them.
See Ya!

Back