TRADITIONAL Blue bike too

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple years ago when I built my “blue bike” I had 3 frames to choose from when I started. I ended up using the Westfield frame for that bike. Last year I used the second one, but someone had sanded off most of the original paint before they painted it blue do I ended up spraying it gray. I’m gonna use the last one now
IMG_5211.jpeg
and attempt to salvage the original finish. This was a swap meet purchase from a few years ago, I ended up paying 40 bucks for it at the end of the day cuz the guy didn’t want to put it back in his truck
IMG_5220.jpeg
it came with this stuff and these wheels, not sure yet how much I’m going to use
IMG_5216.jpeg
IMG_5217.jpeg
it’s got this badge, and this chain wheel, anyone know what it might be?
IMG_5212.jpeg
IMG_5213.jpeg

Can't beat that deal for only $40. Great bones to work with .

Sprayed some pb blaster on the fasteners
IMG_5214.jpeg
IMG_5215.jpeg
IMG_5218.jpeg
and started taking things apart. The steer tube nut didn’t want to cooperate but I wasn’t asking nicely
IMG_5224.jpeg
IMG_5225.jpeg
i win!😁 of course the steer tube is bent
IMG_5226.jpeg
and just for fun the crank is too
IMG_5227.jpeg
at least the badge is nice, and I’m gonna try my best to revive the blue color on the frame
IMG_5221.jpeg
IMG_5222.jpeg
all the rest of the parts are in a bucket of simple green
IMG_5228.jpeg
IMG_5229.jpeg
time for some dinner and cartoons, goodnight ratters

"but I wasn't playing nicely" 😆 Looks like you had a busy night in 'demo'. Cartoons, eh? I've always been a big cartoon nut.

Yup that one is weird, but good 😊 I’ve got a bare frame now View attachment 264763I checked for a serial number and found this View attachment 264764cleaned a bit off and found the original color and some numbers View attachment 264765next I’m going to clean this dirt off and see what the paint looks like, stay tuned
Original paint! I'm jealous.
It looks like that number was stamped on after it was painted, over the factory numbers/letters. Maybe a local registration number from way back when. That's just a guess.
I'd like to take another look at the bb after you clean it up more and see what I can make out. There's something just above that number I can't tell what.

Original paint! I'm jealous.
It looks like that number was stamped on after it was painted, over the factory numbers/letters. Maybe a local registration number from way back when. That's just a guess.
I'd like to take another look at the bb after you clean it up more and see what I can make out. There's something just above that number I can't tell what.
I think my next project will be cleaning the frame, I'll take some pictures of whatever I find. Thanks for the knowledge

I bet that frame cleans up well.
Looking good

Bath time! The bottom of this frame is covered in very thick very old grease/dirt/crud, so I mixed up some dawn dish soap (cuts grease), some car wash soap I found in the cellar cuz why not, half a jug of simple green I had leftover from soaking the bearings, and enough hot water to cover the bottom bracket and chain stays
IMG_5254.jpeg
I’m gonna let it sit for a couple days then hit it with a scrub brush and some fine steel wool and see what the paint looks like

Craig Robinson GIF

Back