Blue Bike of Some Sort

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this today for 10 bucks at a flea market - my son actually found it - has those odd ram handlebars - frame is cool shape - badge says "Simmons Westminster" - but the two screws are different so I'm not sure if that's what it is, or if that even means anything.Shifter says 333 on it, so I assume it's a 3-speed, but the hub is a 5 speed I think - not sure - seat is beefy and in greta shape, forks are not springer, but kinda cool - high fives for my boy for sure. - Frame LOOKS like it would be heavy. but it's actually really light, almost feels "thin" - any onfo on this bike or frame much appreciated - Cheers, Troy.

blue_ball01.jpg

blue_ball02.jpg

blue_ball03.jpg

blue_ball04.jpg

I've got some ram bars, but they ain't like THAT!

Wow! :shock: That's a steal! Definitely a prewar frame & fork. I looked in my NBJ book for any mention of Simmons or Westminster and didn't find anything. Also peeked at Old Roads-nada. But it's great! Someone kinda already rat rodded it w/the bars & rims. :D ~Adam

cant tell you who made it but it looks to be a prewar motobike(btw what size are the wheels on there 26 or 27" ?)looks like it might have had 28" wheels originally..........and you better take your son out for pizza sometime for finding that one!great score :mrgreen:

Hey thanks for input & feedback guys.

The frame also has those things on the back wheel where you screw in a screw to tighten the chain, it has a serial # under the sprocket thing, but I guess that does me no good since I can't find any info on the Simmons Westminster Bikes. But that's OK - I like the oddball bikes anyways...

Like my Shapleigh Wonder Ilove this bike, http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5451

Anyways, not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I'm a-thinking about stuff! Cheers, T.

Back