BlackDiamond V Diabolical_Dork V ChicagoMuscle Guy Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pick said:
Diabolical_Dork said:
Sweet! Welcome. I thought about buying that 76 when I saw it but had to restrain. If I get anymore bikes right now I will have too sell the vw to make room. That can't happen right now. This is gonna be fun. :D

Don't ever sell the VW before you ck with me! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
For sure bro. I found a 62 bus while working south of home. I need to try to figure out how to get it. I could use it to store stingrays in until I could fix it up! :mrgreen:

When the stingray build off is done, are we going to have a vw build off over at the samba.com? :D
You guys need to post your dubs in the my ride section. Sunday starts my week off so I should be able to make some progress then.

blackdiamond said:
ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
you are the 4th VW person I have now met.
Haha make that 5, wait til ya see the "reflector" for under my seat :D
did ya know that if ya follow the line of a stingray's front wheel, up the head tube, and then down the frames top bar to the axle, It is the outline of a VW Beetle? :lol:

Ok, 5 NOW! Wow that thing with the Stingray works, that's just weird but cool. Back to looking for more parts, like your reflector idea can't wait to see it.

Diabolical_Dork said:
When the stingray build off is done, are we going to have a vw build off over at the samba.com? :D
You guys need to post your dubs in the my ride section. Sunday starts my week off so I should be able to make some progress then.

Posted pics in the other talk section, under the show us your cars section, page 114. I'm off for a few days starting the first also maybe I can start mockup then. May have to pass on the VW build I have five already don't think the wife will be happy if I bring home number 6. Ha,ha.

Alright fellas, you ready to start building tomorrow ? Nice dubs you got there Chicago. Did your frame come yet Black? It's snowing here today. Maybe I can heat up the garage and paint my frame if not, I have another I can use. GTB. . Tomorrow. :D

I am ready to get this build off started. Off work the next few days so I should finally make a little progress. Sold a bike this weekend and scored some parts as partial payment, these parts will be making there way to my bike. Got a good S-2 Rim with a bendix coaster(needs rebuilding has sticky old grease in it, that will be fun to clean out), scored a nice S-2 rear fender, and a Mint NOS S-2 Stingray Gripper Slik. Then I found the chrome fork cap in my parts stash.

5580f3e8169f3275737cf25f84dd8af6.jpg

Nice haul! I need that rear fender :D I am ready to get going now. Will post pics of parts as I dig them out today.

Nice! This is gonna be fun. Getting my chores done so I can play too. :D

blackdiamond said:

Nice wheel, I run a Slik like that on one of my other bikes, they ride well. That seat is darn cool, I may have to bid on that, I put it on watch for now but you may force me to a seat change. Bought this girls Huffy Bicentennial from a RRB'r last week thought of swapping the seat off it but hated to break apart a correct bike. Figured this would look cool parked next to my Stingray.

921a44a00d407e28519537375fdc3911.jpg

Latest posts

Back