Black Death Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I started of with a Worksman. I've painted it, put on all whites, flipped the bars and threw on some old forks I had lying around. Just bent up my truss rods and need to cut them so I can put on the axle mounts. More to come.
DSCF1505.jpg

I took 2 pieces of 3/8" rod, put threads on the end of one side of each rod. Took an old reflector/headset thingy apart and used it as the connecting point to the headset for the rods. I attached the straight piece of metal from a ubolt clamp set-up and drilled a hole and attached that to the reflector, then put the 2 partially threaded rods into one end using a hex nut on end and an acorn nut on the other end for a clean look. then for the bend...........kind of a jimmy rig type set up, but measured down to where I wanted the bend, took a combo wrench and slid the closed end down to my measured line and pulled the wrench creating the bend in the desired location on the rod. Then I am going to attach the truss rods using a 3/8" looped butt-connector. I will get some pictures up here in a sec for better clarification.

Here's the latest. I cut the truss rods and attatched the loop end electrical connectors at the end to connect to the axle, slammed a springer saddle and threw on some cranks. working on a tank and motor.
DSCF1660.jpg

that is a brilliantly simple way to make truss rods well done and good looking bike

Back