BIKES with TRUCKS photo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike on truck...

IMG_20200927_122733772.jpg

I got it off of Amazon, as an 'open box' sale last year...I think for around $130. It wasn't actually an open box, but the box had been sliced a couple times by a box knife, I assume. I wanted to replace my yakima rack that held four bikes by the top bar as the bikes were getting beat up no matter how I tried to pad or bungy to limit movement. I was looking for a four bike rack that held by the tires and was getting frustrated as all I could find were $1500-$2500 Küat type racks, or in the sub-$300 category a bunch of racks that had poor reviews and horror stories attached (like swagman's and such). This rack is well designed, well made, and I have zero complaints about it.

Folds up, I think the non-score price was around $220...after owning it, I'd pay that if I needed another.

IMG_20200929_111839992.jpg
IMG_20200929_111942417.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, those top bar racks aren't ideal, they don't really work for a cantilever frame, or a step through. Is that Big Ripper a 29er? It fits pretty good

Aside: Trek sold every one of those Sawyers. People are fighting over them to this day. Why does no one make anything like that outside of the custom shops?

Back