Bike stolen from Thief!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a good story, A little risky without the cops but good for him

Guy at work got his high end bike stolen.
Same thing, the thief advertised it on CL
It had custom parts so he was able to identify it to the police
He told the police he was going to get it back,
so he went and took a look at it and it was his bike
He left again and talked with the police that were down the block
Police said they couldn't do much so he said he was going back to get his bike without them
When he grabbed the bike the elderly woman said her son had brought it home and didn't know where he got it
The police didn't do much (and maybe couldn't) but got her name and her son's name
but they also didn't stop him from taking it back

There is also a lot of "plant" bikes around Mpls that the cops use so their are trying

Some people think I'm strange but I keep a photo log of all the bikes that I have on my property. But I do it for just that reason. If any of them come up missing I have proof there mine

dragnusa said:
Some people think I'm strange but I keep a photo log of all the bikes that I have on my property. But I do it for just that reason. If any of them come up missing I have proof there mine
I have a small ringed notebook that contains all the serial #'s of every higher end bike I've owned just so I can look them up to find out year and such. Most huffys and such I just part out and scrap. I been thinking about throwing together a bike out of junk parts and concrete it into the ground behind my shed just to watch the junkers try to grab it. :lol: Then I could lock bikes to it and use it like a bike rack.

Back