Bike Shop Bought Out-Pic HEAVY!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bike Shop Buy Out

I bet I could find a bunch of junk in there I'd want/need that would be worthless to many.

The work bench and solvent tank are going in my garage (hopefully). I saw a box full of misc flat wrenches, lots of other stuff scattered about. A BUNCH of binders full of repair info, Kansas bicycle maps, it will take me days to sort through it all.

Don't mean to bust your bubble, but most if not all of the inventory, tools, fixtures, etc have already been put up for auction. I saw the list online and will post the link if I can find it. Pretty sure the auction is already over.

Maybe there are some leftovers??? but judging from the online listing... it looked like they were auctioning off EVERYTHING, even the t-shirts!

State of Kansas don't mess around... they want their tax money and will go to any length to collect.

EDIT.... here's the auction link https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=61118

Ratfink1962 said:
Don't mean to bust your bubble, but most if not all of the inventory, tools, fixtures, etc have already been put up for auction. I saw the list online and will post the link if I can find it. Pretty sure the auction is already over.

Maybe there are some leftovers??? but judging from the online listing... it looked like they were auctioning off EVERYTHING, even the t-shirts!

State of Kansas don't mess around... they want their tax money and will go to any length to collect.

EDIT.... here's the auction link https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=61118
looks like it ended Jan10 so what hes looking at is probably whats left

The stuff in the shop was not included in the auction. One man's trash, ya know. Right now it is the property of the leasing company.

I just remembered that I saw a Bendix manual two-speed hanging up among the other rims.

There was a post on Salina Craig's List about someone buying up the inventory from the three bike shops.

I would be interested in that two speed manual if you don't have a home for it. My JC Higgins has one that is seized.

Well who knows what kind of treasures were left behind? State of Kansas came in and said sell all the shiny stuff, that old crap wont sell... who knows, maybe a whole case of dusty nos Morrow hubs?? :D

good luck man, hope you get some goodies.

CRASH said:
Hopefully they have some foldable workstands. I could really use one of those cheap. I look forward to seeing the tool selection. Good luck with this!

No stands, those went in the auction.

Tailwinds said:
"HMS and skateboards"..... What is "HMS"??? :? :?

BMX, stupid auto-correct.

I offered to take everything in exchange for cleaning out the building. They countered with $400 for everything. I am going back the next time the guy is in town and we will negotiate a price on just the stuff I want or that I think I can turn a profit on.

Back