Bike Shop Advertising Accessories!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you see time and again a piece or part comes up., maybe a light or a flag or even a seat cover.. sometimes it's even bells!

This thread is for all those cool little accessories that advertise Bike Shops and where they are now! One of the things I love most about this hobby is digging into the history.

I picked this up recently. Price was right and the style just can't be beat.
Snapchat-1387431652.jpg

Bill Glass
Bicycle&Hobby Shop
Service
On All Makes Of Bikes
BR 5-5323
200 W. MAIN ST.
Norristown, PA.

A little hard to find much, but it was said to be one of the best stops of the year by this writer:
https://conshystuff.com/once-again-...-sitting-back-and-feeling-a-little-nostalgic/
Looking for more, stay tuned and post yours, too!

Robin

This is a sew on patch for a bike club that had the shop name that sponsored their race team.
The first season that shop had their name on all the jersies, then the complaints started so every area bike shop could sponsor racers of their chosing. Well, I never saw a patch with any other shop name on them.

51887734721_6b6d05caa9_c.jpg

Will that be paper or plastic?

Before the current reusable shopping bags, there were plastic. Before that paper. Before that reusable shopping bags.
These were from 1972. My mom remade them in to panniers that I used on SAGBRAI (Ragbrai 2). She used coat hangers for the stiffeners that didn't work well. Most modern panniers have a solid aluminum plate or tough plastic. Mine got sucked into the rear wheel a few times. I haven't used them since 1974 because the Ragbrai organizers had a truck to haul our gear and I got better panniers for other overnight-er camp-outs. Full circle, my second pair, this time commercially made, Medalist panniers went to my mom and she is still using them. My third set were Kirklands, since sold and I've had 20 different brands since.

World.of.Bikes.LTD.panniers.1972 (1).jpg
World.of.Bikes.LTD.panniers.1972 (2).jpg
World.of.Bikes.LTD.panniers.1972 (3).jpg

Latest posts

Back