!! Biggest two Day event in the Northeast !! T minus Zero!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
>>Cruiz 'n' Swap<<

I will be hosting a Bike Cruise in downtown Hartford, CT the evening before the Swap Meet, Saturday, August 23. We will meet at the Bushnell Park Carousel in Downtown at approximately 5 PM followed by a leisurely cruise around Hartford, stops at the local watering holes, dinner at Black Eyed Sally's and then Stop light drag racing, Wheelie and skidding contest, parking lot racing and any other kind of bicycle mayhem! Bring Camera's, a bike and an open mind! Rides have lasted until midnight!

Contact me for any other info.

[email protected]

Thanks, Joe

Northeast Bicycle Swap Meet

Sunday, August 24, 2008
7am to 2pm (6 am setup)
Rain or Shine

Free Admission

Vendor table: $20
Vendor table with vehicle space: $30
Vendor table with vehicle and trailer, or large truck space: $40

More info at: http://OldRoads.com/swap

Food
Bicycles
Parts
Tools
Motorized Bicycles/Mopeds
And FREE ADMISSION to the New England Musclebike Museum which has the
largest display of Musclebikes anywhere.

Details and Registration form (register on-line or print and mail
registration)
at http://OldRoads.com/swap

Hosted at the New England Musclebike Museum
6 Peters Rd.
Bloomfield, Connecticut 06002

Re: !! Biggest two Day event in the Northeast !!

Sounds like fun! I LIKE fun!

Talked to the wife, we're gonna go!...............But she wants to know.......What you mean by " open mind"......It's not like one of these "clothing optional rides" is it, is it? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Open mind, hmmm, optional clothes? better keep them on. THis is a family friendly ride. When I wrote that I meant that any kind of bike was welcome. In the past it had been a muscle bike themed ride. I really don't care what kind of bike as long as it has a story behind it. Sharing bike stories/ideas/rides/parts etc is all part of the ride kulture!

Joe

KOTA said:
Talked to the wife, we're gonna go!...............But she wants to know.......What you mean by " open mind"......It's not like one of these "clothing optional rides" is it, is it? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Oooh, I am really going to try and make it there! Gotta check with the wife and see if anything is happening that weekend.

Dan

Dan,

I hope you have your JC HIggins ready to ride! I really want to see how it turned out!
Let me know what you are gonna ride. I wanna bring something cool to complement it.

Joe

Danimal said:
Oooh, I am really going to try and make it there! Gotta check with the wife and see if anything is happening that weekend.

Dan

I think I might want to ride my SpaceLiner StarDestroyer if I can get it all together before the ride. If not, I might just go with the StarFighter. Either way, I will likely be riding some SpaceLiner.

UUH......I was going to ask you the same thing. I plan on bringing a very long wheel base bike!.........Let it be known, I have NO problem walking a bike up a hill ( as long as I have directions to Black Eyed Sally's). :D

I'm hoping to make this. Sounds like fun.

I'll be there Joe... wouldn't miss this one, it's the big one for the New England area.

I'm looking for Phantom parts these days... you should email me:
[email protected]

Thanks! --Rob

Good news! No hills, single speed is more than adequate. There is no prescribed route. We sort of just ride around Hartford, decide what bars to hit, stop in, get out ride around a little, stop again, hit Sally's, then out for more riding. We can go further out if someone is interested in a distance route. After dark though it is probably safer to stay in well lit areas of Hartford. Plus there are lots of interesting (hmm) people out at night, LOL.

Some places to go for sure is Constitution Plaza and the walking brisge over the river, Pratt street, and the biker bar on the corner - can't remember the name, but we park our bikes outside lined up like Harley's. Pretty funny.

OH YEAH - Bring your own bike locks! I do not have any and it is a good idea to have them!

Joe

I will have a tough decision what to ride - Depends on what is done in time!

Marked the calender!

hi... can anyone give me more info on where these clothing optional rides are taking place? :mrgreen: oh wait... it's mostly guys :shock:

Re: !! Biggest two Day event in the Northeast !! 2 weeks!

Just two weeks away! Get your rats ready! I am!

Joe

I have been staying up WAAAAAY too late trying to get my Higgins finished. If I can't, I will bring my Stringray which I still haven't really took on a real ride yet.

Joe, how far is this place from the Mass/NH border? My daughter's birthday party is Saturday and I can't leave until that is over. I really hope you can wait for me (or tell me where to meet you). I will email you later about some other stuff.

Dan

Staying up late is a good thing, LOL! We want the Higgins!@ We Want the Higgins, We want the Higgins! Git R Done Dan!

Hartford is 1 hour 45 minutes from Rt 128 and the Mass Pike. Hour and a half from Marlboro, Mass (I use to work there).I will give you more specific stuff like phone numbers and detailed directions when you email. Glad you are going to make it!

JOe

Danimal said:
I have been staying up WAAAAAY too late trying to get my Higgins finished. If I can't, I will bring my Stringray which I still haven't really took on a real ride yet.

Joe, how far is this place from the Mass/NH border? My daughter's birthday party is Saturday and I can't leave until that is over. I really hope you can wait for me (or tell me where to meet you). I will email you later about some other stuff.

Dan

Back