Bigass Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Genesis Super 32 rat conversion in the works. When I took out the crank in disassembly for paint, there were a LOT of aluminum shavings in the bottom bracket... nice chinese/walmart assembly.
bigassbike.jpg

rat%2520paint.jpg

Tank will be added later. Want to do whitewalls. Will have to paint them with rubber paint. Don't think I'll find whitewall tires in 32"... Looking for some ape hangers.

IMG_20130210_192048.jpg

IMG_20130210_192103.jpg

Here is the first coat of shoe whitener. I scruffed up the rubber with scotchbrite before applying first coat. Lucky for me there is a raised ring in the tire that gives me a nice clean line. Probably need 3 or 4 coats to get it looking right. Tested Krylon plastic paint on old tires - crack city.

Cool idea. Like the whitewalling too.

Thought this morning of Louvering the rear fender and putting a couple strips of these LED tape lights under the fender so they shine out through the louvers... Also thinking about integrating white ones onto the ape hangers...
fbccb92b091eb1b78fd3fcdba65de1ee.image.800x800.jpg

And here is someone's drawing of a louver punch. More complicated for a compound curve like a fender, but basically the same idea.
db-000.jpg

Latest posts

Back