Big Daddys Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the begining of Rat one... I used inch and a half tube for the main frame, then canabalized two old bmx bikes for front and rear... overall length so far 7 foot 11inches tip to tail and 5 inches off the ground

chopper1001.jpg

chopper1006.jpg

now I am working on some more accents for the frame... more pics to come soon :D

I am 6 foot 2 and a half inches tall... how I established the length for this bike was by placing an out streached tape on the floor and finding out how far from the center of my but to a not fully extended leg ...then just some rough measurements to establish the frame layout.. :)

BigDaddy said:
I am 6 foot 2 and a half inches tall... how I established the length for this bike was by placing an out streached tape on the floor and finding out how far from the center of my but to a not fully extended leg ...then just some rough measurements to establish the frame layout.. :)

I used the same method on my first bike and forgot to account for the crank arm length. I put the BB where I measured and the crank arm added 6 inches. It was soooo close to being too long. Just don't make the same mistake I did! lol

budzillacycles said:
BigDaddy said:

I used the same method on my first bike and forgot to account for the crank arm length. I put the BB where I measured and the crank arm added 6 inches. It was soooo close to being too long. Just don't make the same mistake I did! lol

Thanks for the tip...will double check to make sure its right after all of that work, i'd hate to have to use my feet to push me around on the bike ...lol...Hello Fred Flintstone...(hehehe)

Back