Big Daddys Rat ...LIVES...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the build and the postings provided

• you liked the build and think its cool...

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • did not like the build and prefer another style...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well , it took a bit but here we go...

My son and I preping the frame

chopper1035.jpg

chopper1042.jpg

Then blasting it with red oxide primer

chopper1057.jpg

chopper1050.jpg

The finished painted parts

chopper1066.jpg

chopper1074.jpg

And here it is in all its glory.....

chopper1092.jpg

chopper1100.jpg

chopper1094.jpg

Still needs an idler to help with allignment and bounce on the chain, and final finishing, but I road this ...... and it is a real nice ride...I would definatly enjoy some feedback from the members on this project to help me with my future builds.. PS check out the three inch wheels and rims I scooped at the bike swap meet... 'BRAND NEW FOR 50 BUCKS'...for the set!!... It sure completes the look of the bike.. Will post more photos when it is complete..

Just my Opinion....
But I might paint The Rims White,Get Murray to do a White Job on
the seat and throw White Grips on it.

Then Lay on some White Pin Stripes.

The Bike looks Great..the wheels look awesome!
The Bars are Brilliant,The welds and Fab are incredible..
as I told you when I saw it in Person,your Fab and welding
skills are Perfect.

I, myself, think it needs The White Rims,Seat,Grips,and Some Traditional Lines,
or a Big "Pin-Up" girl Spread on The Top Tank area. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

peace,
Kev.

Big,I'm not a fan of streched frames too much,but you pulled that off great!

No need to take a poll.Build what you want/like.

Who gives a fat frogs a** what anybody thinks.

looks cool, how comfy is that seat?

This is my own opinion..remember you asked. lol. I would cut the "v" out of the handlebars, they will probably be pretty flexy afterwards but you're not jumping it right? The front end needs something, like a springer or a triple tree fork. A chainguard made out of checker plate or something different, and one of those sheepskin covers for the seat....I love that seat, or a custom cover. Or leave it the way it is, it's your bike and you did some nice work there. :mrgreen:

I too wondered about that seat.

They sell them at Wal-Mart by me...new Schwinn stuff.

Thought it might be fun to try one. Looks good on this bike.

Big Daddy

Thank you for all of the input so far, good, bad, or indifferent...The bars are very flexible as they are now, so thats the reason for leaving in the brace.. don't need them snapin off (...Ahhhhhh...) while riding. Seat is dam comfy, The paint schemes are also cool ideas and me thinks it will stay this way for a bit because after all it was built to ride...One more thing, because this is my first build, a little constructive critisism, or comments and sugestions can only improve on my knowledge base and expand the possibilities of my future builds... Hopefully this answers some questions that have been put forward so far..Thanks for the ideas and comments.

My constructive comments would be -

Try the next bike with 24" tires. You mentioned you are 6' 2" (I am too). Those tires look good, but probably look small with you or I on it.

I bet you already will remember this next time; With any tire size you have to make sure the rear triangle is deep enough. I notice the rear tire is barely hanging on to clear the bottom brace near the seat post. Trust me, I've done it too. At least you manged to get the wheel on. I had to cut my bike up and start over.

- Those are not big things that take anything away from the bike. The bike does look great. Now get yourself a jig built and you will find it very easy to slap them together!

Oh one last thing, if you get a small diameter tube or rod you can use it as a kickstand by putting it under the top tube of the rear triangle and against the tire. The bike will lean and wedge it between them. It works great for bikes we make that don't have traditional kickstands.

Big Daddy

BUDZILLACYCLES... Dude you have no idea how close I came to have to redo the backend of this bike, this is a tribute to the key element of any future builds or builders, HAVE ALL THE PARTS FIRST... When i did the layout for this project it was going to be smaller 20 inch tires, but as per find at the bike swapmeet, these tires just had to be used on this bike...I will take some more pics of me riding this bad boy so you can see the preportions of me verses the bike because after all I didn't want to have any of me in there to take away from the look of the bike :lol: :lol: Thanks again everyone for the comments and suggestions, will talk again soon.

Actually I am getting a set of different bars for it ...Chrome twisted ones . Should be on the rat soon.

Back