Bicycle Photography

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic I took before my In the weeds project,had a play around with it
RRB1_zpsc60833c3.jpg

outsider13 said:
Leslley Scotte said:
Painting is fun, I have never used a flash light it's a little to small of a source for me. I used to use this. Its a 20'x20' silk screen. mostly for cars though. I use a smaller source than that at the moment, I can hold it and and have much more control over the light I put on the subject. Cars are mostly something that I paint hand held though. Bicycles take being painted very well.\
FLASH LIGHT! :shock:
IMG_1066cc.jpg

IMG_1047cc.jpg

nice flash light!!

to me a good background makes the photo a whole lot more interesting

i present my bikes

monarkplaza.jpg

MONARK

belknap-1.jpg

BELKNAP

of course when there is no background the bike must have something special
SCHWINNDX.jpg

SCHWINN DX FRAME HALF KLUNKER HALF URBAN WITH REFLECTIVE TIRES :shock:

I'VE ALWAYS LIKE THIS PICTURE
IMG_2110.jpg

i'm still trying to find an easy way to shoot shiny brass

SSCRUISERS_zps46078a99.jpg

NEZBITHEADBADGE.jpg

both have the same color and are equally shiny but they don't come out the same in pictures. i guess a room with controlled lights might be nice.

i agree 100% on the background i recently stared a vintage bicycle page on face book http://www.facebook.com/RSVintageBicycles. it started out just being about my love of balloon tire bikes but as it grew i shared the same passion as many others i post a LOT OF Vintage bikes on my page and i like to stay with nice clean photos with no {trash} in the backgrounds new cars houses trash cans people etc, it distracts from the photo, i invite anyone to come check it out and enjoy the beauty of classic vintage bicycles

62hotrod said:

i agree 100% on the background i recently stared a vintage bicycle page on face book http://www.facebook.com/RSVintageBicycles. it started out just being about my love of balloon tire bikes but as it grew i shared the same passion as many others i post a LOT OF Vintage bikes on my page and i like to stay with nice clean photos with no {trash} in the backgrounds new cars houses trash cans people etc, it distracts from the photo, i invite anyone to come check it out and enjoy the beauty of classic vintage bicycles

Xavier sepulveda, i'm following you

Rat Rod said:
Took this one over the weekend...thought it turned out cool...

Click for High-Res >> http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/ratrodbikes/skull1c.jpg

skull1c_1200.jpg

I like it, very nicely done with a nice background. The rust stain is nice too. The only tip that would make the shot even nicer is to not centre the bike in the frame. Generally we humans find it more pleasing to the eye when there is more empty space in the direction in front of an object or in the direction something is moving.

IMG_0006b.jpg

Latest posts

Back