Best spray paint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I want to add red colour to my bike. To repaint the whole frame, I will need to reassemble the bike. Also I want to paint the wheel rim in red too. I understand that the most time consuming is the bike reassembling and the surface preparation. Which paint will be drying fast? I don’t want to have the dust on fresh paint, so I’m looking for any fast drying paint. Can you help guys?

Just a heads up, don't plan on picking any up here in Chicago! It is illegal to sell spray paint in the city limits! You can go to any suburb of Chicago and pick some up however!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tip to you won't help answer your dry time question, but whatever paint you use make sure you use the same brand primer. You don't want to try mixing rustoleum primer with krylon paint for example.

Whatever you end up using, give your paint a couple days to dry before re assembly. Don't want to scratch or wrinkle fresh paint.

I have had good luck with Spray Max 2 part clear. I dries rock hard fast, has a short re-coat time and protects the soft rattle can under paint color. The down side is it's highly toxic. I paint outside and wear a type of respirator that is recommended by the manufacturer and eye protection, 2 pair of rubber gloves, tyvec full cover paint suit, and rubber swampers. The neighbor thinks I have on a bomb suit.
http://www.repaintsupply.com/spraymax-2-part-2k-urethane-aerosol-clear-coat-p3685.html

I like the rust oleum appliance paints for a quick rattle can job. not too many colors available though.

I use krylon fusion on all my rattle can jobs but I'm no expert. It will scratch but I'm ok with it. Definitely not foe show bikes

Back